Mist is seeking a software developer as a strategic component of our engineering team to design, develop, and test software related to the cloud-based network configuration and reporting system. This individual will be responsible for solving complex problems and designing subsystems that will make the Mist platform the premier wireless solution in the industry.
- Develop systems that will process network traffic and statistics received from the wireless access points.
- Process configuration received from system operators and configure the rest of the system to act accordingly to policies defined in the configuration.
- Work with the rest of the engineering team to create Mist standards for Micro-Services (APIs, schemas, serialization, data stores and best practices)
- Develop software using Python, Java and/or Go (golang).
- Test systems being developed on scale and bug detection.
- Develop unit tests and integration tests to ensure high quality code is deployed to production.
- Develop highly scalable and fault tolerant distributed systems.
- Develop software for Mist’s real-time data pipeline and batch processing.
- Build metrics, monitoring and structured logging.
- Write unit, integration and functional tests that make your code safe for refactoring and continuous delivery.
- Automate all things.
- Participate in collaborative, DevOps style, lean practices with the rest of the team.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with databases (SQL, Redis, Cassandra, …)
- Proficiency in Python and Shell scripting
- Knowledge of WiFi protocols and implementations
- Proficiency in Go, Java
- Familiar with machine learning, data science
- 5+ years of relevant experience