As a market-facing Product Manager, you will work with customers and stakeholders to discern product user stories. Then, as a Product Manager embedded in a development Scrum Team or working with a partner’s development team, you’ll be charged with guiding that team to make those user stories come to fruition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
You will work with internal and external software designers, developers and testers who are charged with enhancing the software systems that make up the backbone of the services we provide. They deal with a complex set of interrelated systems that run 24/7 to support users around the globe who speak 20 different languages. Your job will entail:
· Own the vision, ROI, product roadmap and product backlog for a particular product as it transitions from inception to a living product
· Define, manage and monitor product and business KPIs, such as: revenue growth, cost savings, turnaround time, NPS, etc.
· Familiar with the nuances of developing software on a global/international scale
· Conducting market research and competitive analysis
· Contributing to business plans and product proposals
· Distilling the minimum viable product (MVP) and potentially shippable increments (PSI) for the product
· Working with internal and external teams, as the dedicated Product Owner
· Gathering requirements from clients and stakeholders – collating, analyzing and justifying them – and developing the User Stories, Use Cases and Acceptance Criteria
· Participating in scrum team meetings (sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint reviews)
· Participating in Product Management team meetings (roadmap planning, release planning), and other inter-team meetings
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Understanding of design thinking and agile development methodologies
· Experience launching new products to market and executing readiness plans
· The ability to take decisive ownership of tough business problems
· Substantial experience with an Agile process (preferably Scrum)
· Writing well-crafted User Stories and Use Cases
· Writing well-defined acceptance criteria at the feature level and story level
· Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
· Detail oriented with excellent organization skills while managing multiple projects
Experience, Training and Education:
Potential candidates for this position must meet the following requirements:
· BS/BA in Engineering, Business or related degree
· 3-5 years of experience in product management, as a product owner
· Atlassian Software Suite (JIRA and JIRA Agile), Rally, or similar story/bug tracking tools
· Experience working with external teams as a product owner
· Domain knowledge in the area of vendor management
· Certified Scrum Product Owner or Pragmatic Marketing
Keep up with the latest.
Get the latest updates from Norwest and insights into the venture capital world.