Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- New Client Acquisition. The primary goal of the Field Sales Manager is to win new client relationships for Avetta. The Field Sales Manager will engage in a variety of sales activities including:
- Targeted prospecting with their assigned Sales Development Representative.
- Trade Show attendance
- Conducting on-line Avetta Overview Presentations and Product Demonstrations
- Traveling to client sites within the FSM’s territory to conduct in-person meetings.
- Supporting New Clients through the initial launch phase and first year with Avetta.
- Weekly participation in 1 on 1’s and Field Sales Forecast call.
- Additional Responsibilities.
- May be required to attend additional trainings, meetings, and seminars.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Superior Communication. Candidate must demonstrate superior interpersonal communication, and written communication skills.
- Strong Public Speaking. Candidate must have the demonstrated ability to speak in front of a group, keeping an audience’s attention while communicating complex subject matter. The speaker must appear comfortable and poised.
- Self-Motivated. Candidate must have the ability to set and meet goals with little or no supervision from senior management.
- Technical Understanding. Candidate must understand and be able to effectively communicate how SaaS model software works on a functional level, including the process for database developments, challenges of web-based software and quality control/quality assurance.
- Ethical. Candidate must understand and demonstrate Avetta’s core values of honesty and integrity. Candidate must be able to make decisions and client recommendations with the firm’s and the clients best interest at hand.
Other Desired Traits:
- Excellent time management skills.
- Technically sound in computer skills. Familiarity with CRM applications / SalesForce.com.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adaptability and Flexibility.
Education and Experience
Potential candidates for the position must meet the following requirements:
- At least 3 years of field sales or account management experience, 5 years of experience preferred.
- Experience in selling safety-related products or services, working with contractors, working in procurement, or working in an industry that PICS has current customers is considered a plus.
- The environment is fast-paced, ever changing. This individual must possess the skills to react quickly, establish and re-establish priorities and communicate with professionalism.
- The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- The incumbent must be able to accommodate any or all of the following: constant distractions, short timeframes for turnaround, tight deadlines and continuous exposure to customer challenges/issues and the issues of employees.
- While performing the job duties, an employee is required to sit; talk or hear by telephone; use hands to finger, handle, feel, or operate standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus to read and operate office equipment as necessary during the course of the work assignment.
- The job may require flexibility with regards to scheduling days, hours, and work location, depending on business needs.
- The job is typically sedentary but may require standing and walking up to 35% of the work time.
- Requires travel to off-site for meetings and training.
Physical Abilities, Mental Demands, and Work Environment
Individual should be able to exercise sound judgment, be able to plan, be well organized, have excellent oral and written communications skills, work well under pressure, take the initiative, and be flexible and cooperative. The individual should also be accurate, timely, and respect confidentiality concerning employee information and company records.
While performing the job duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit; talk or hear in person and by telephone; use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; lift minimum 10 lbs.
The employee is frequently required to walk and stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus to read and operate office equipment as necessary during the course of the work assignments.
The employee works under typical office conditions and noise levels.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.