The successful Senior Services and Support Engineer candidate will have a very strong technical foundation enhanced by a clear devotion to serving and satisfying customers. This position is a core member of the world-wide Customer Engineering Technical Support Organization, which is tasked with customer delivery, including triage and support of customer cases. This engineer will exhibit broad and deep technical expertise, attention to detail, and enjoy working with customers.
The Senior Services and Support Engineer assists customers with deploying and configuring agents to endpoints and servers enterprise-wide, including working through potential interoperability concerns. The successful individual excels at troubleshooting, resolving and documenting findings. Team members also work closely with each other and cross-functionally, for example with Sales Engineers, Insider Threat Analysts, Technical Account Managers, and Development and QA Engineers.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Excel at working directly with customers to plan, implement, and maintain production deployments.
- Use a systematic approach to proficiently troubleshoot, identify problems, and resolve technical issues requiring understanding of Windows systems.
- Contribute to the knowledge base by creating brief symptom/solution articles.
- Duplicate issues (individually or with QA) to identify bugs, interoperability issues, feature enhancements, and workarounds.
- Contribute to the direction of Dtex products by providing customer use cases and feature enhancements to product management.
- Work well individually, as well as in teams that may include members from Sales and Engineering, in addition to Customer Engineering colleagues.
- Maintain individual (virtual) test environment to stay up-to-date with the new product features and to validate procedures prior to use on customer systems.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical, customer-facing, problem-solving role.
- 2+ years as an L2 Technical Support Engineer, Windows System Administrator, NOC Engineer, DevOps Engineer, and/or Developer of applications on Windows.
- Strong Windows knowledge, including agent/app deployment, networking, performance, and security domains.
- Excellent time management skills and strong sense of urgency.
- Prefer understanding of databases, e.g. sql-lite, postgresql
- Prefer experience with powershell and scripting
Core Competencies/Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong Windows system administration experience, including large-scale software deployment, configuration, and maintenance.
- Strong knowledge of Web Applications, including strong understanding of secure communications.
- Understanding of system performance elements.
- Good understanding of Windows desktop and server environments, including administration and endpoint application troubleshooting techniques.
- Understanding of networking administration on Windows.
- Strong, clear, and organized communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong self-starting individual contributor.
- Strong member in world-wide and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple customers or projects.
- Customer acumen to champion the customer problem until resolution.
- Desire to learn new skills/technologies and remain up-to-date with latest trends.
- Passion for solving technical problems.
- Ability to work on critical cases after hours as needed or on a “follow-the-sun” team.
- Experience working in start-up or fast-paced emerging environments and worldwide teams.
- Technical support experience strongly preferred
- Deep understanding of any of Windows mini-dump analysis, performance, networking, Web apps, system monitoring.
- Proficient in at least one programming and scripting language
- Experience contributing to documentation
- Experience working in different server environments, e.g. virtual machines, AWS environment, physical servers
- Knowledge of Insider Threat, UEBA space
- Knowledge of information retrieval and/or analytics domain
- BS / MS Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- Experience working with or in large, complex enterprise, financial or government environments.