Udemy’s designers guide our global learning products from concept through delivery of the shipped product; making sure that our experiences are intuitive, accessible, and delightful. We work side-by-side with product managers, engineers, and business stakeholders to collaboratively build world-class product experiences across all screens and devices for our diverse, global community. You’ll be an instrumental part of the design and product teams, influencing our product roadmap, design process, and everything in between.
As a Product Designer on our marketplace team you’ll use your experience, intuition, user research, and quantitative data to inform your work. You will own design for key experiences around browsing, finding, and enrolling in courses offered by Udemy’s global instructor community. You’ll influence and expand the design system for Udemy’s products, and partner the design team to continuously raise the bar for our product experiences.
- A big-picture thinker who also sweats the details of interaction and visual design
- A believer in customer-centered design: identifying who will use your product, what they will use it for, and what value they will derive
- A passionate advocate for craft—looking after every pixel, font, space, and color to make sure that it serves a valuable purpose
- A storyteller who can express compelling and insightful narratives on customer experience and design vision
- A true professional able to manage your schedule, process, and deliverables to make greatness happen
- A team player: sharing your designs regularly, accepting and providing feedback, collaborating, and working interactively in a fast-paced environment
- 3+ years of practice designing and shipping web and mobile web projects
- Strong interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills
- Portfolio showcasing projects that demonstrate your problem solving process as well as pixel-perfect design solutions
- Eagerness to join a design team that is excited to change lives around the world through learning!
- Fluency in Sketch. Familiar with InVision, Principle and other prototyping tools is awesome.
With a mission to improve lives through learning, Udemy is a global marketplace for learning and teaching online. More than 24 million students learn from an extensive library of over 80,000 courses taught by 35,000 instructors in over 50 languages. Whether learning for professional development or personal enrichment, students can master new skills through self-paced, on-demand courses, while instructors have a way to share their knowledge with the world. For companies, Udemy for Business offers subscription access to a collection of business-relevant courses as well as a simple platform to host and distribute their own content in one central place.
We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious commitment to delivering the best possible learning and teaching experiences. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Sao Paulo, Brazil, and Ankara, Turkey. Compensation includes full-time salary, equity compensation plan, and competitive benefits including healthcare, commuter benefits, parental leave, and a discretionary time off policy.
Udemy in the News: