About this Role:
As part of a "startup-within-a-startup", the Udemy for Business engineering team works closely with other engineering teams, as well as our product management and design team peers, to develop the core experience for business learners on our platform, helping them find the right course and engage directly with course content.
We are looking for a senior engineer to join us in providing tools that enable business learners to do what comes next.
- Collaborate with other engineering, product management, and design, teams to define initiatives and features
- Develop, test, document, and release full-stack, end-to-end features for Udemy's web application that supports over 20 million students worldwide and 80,000 courses
- Plan, organize, and get work done in 2-week sprints
- Participate in code reviews as well as post-deployment site monitoring
- Mentor team members in software development best practices and processes
- Lead by example and contribute to a team culture that values quality, robustness, and scalability while fostering innovation
- Research and evaluate new technologies that may improve our processes or code bases
- At times, function as a technical lead for various projects/tasks. This may involve some project, resource, and deployment planning in additional to software engineering responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications:
- You need 7+ years of professional software development experience
- Object-oriented design and computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
- Web application development using modern framework ORMs (e.g. Django, Rails, Symfony, CodeIgniter, etc.)
- RDBMS (e.g. MySQL) and SQL
- Python or other scripting languages such as Ruby, PHP, etc
- Modern JS libraries/frameworks (e.g. React, Angular, JQuery, etc.) as well as MobX and Webpack
- Testing methods, including back-end and front-end unit and integration tests
- The ability to learn, work with, and migrate, existing code bases.