As a Senior IT Support Specialist at Udemy you will have a unique opportunity to grow your own skills as we grow our IT team and create an amazing work experience for our colleagues. It’s your role to support day-to-day operations, onboard new employees, assist with audio/video, build documentation, and provide general moral support to your fellow Udemites.
- Support Udemy employees in resolving issues with their computers, and other IT/AV systemsDocument operations, processes, and IT solutions
- Be point of contact for the IT Help Desk. - This includes: ensuring that tickets are completed in a timely manner per the helpdesk policy, assist other members of the IT department in troubleshooting their tickets, ensuring that closed tickets have appropriate information attached, maintain and update Udemy’s asset management system, participate in on call rotation along with other IT staff weekly on-boarding training with new employees
- Supporting Udemy’s global team by providing on-site support for the Dublin office, and remote support for other Udemy offices such as the San Francisco and Ankara offices
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as appropriate
- 4+ years of professional technical support experience in a OS X & Windows environment
- Working knowledge of networking & MerakiAbility to help Udemy employees solve hardware and software problems on Mac, PC and mobile devices
- Experience with SaaS applications and integration into the enterprise environment: this includes…Google AppsBox, Office 365SSO (Okta, OneLogin, Bitium, Ping, etc.)
- Ability to support and assist employees using AV systems, both on-site and remote, including Chromebox, Lifesize, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, and hardware based codecs
- Project management experience
- Enterprise wireless experience
- Experience with MDM / EMM software (We use JAMF)
- Experience using and managing ticket-based enterprise workflow management systems
- Strong customer focus
- Process and systems oriented with an eye to detail
- A positive, service-oriented attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Deep understanding of enterprise class video conferencing
- Cisco CCNA is a big plus
- Active Directory / Windows Server experience would be a plus
With a mission to improve lives through learning, Udemy is a global marketplace for learning and teaching online. More than 24 million students learn from an extensive library of over 80,000 courses taught by 35,000 instructors in over 50 languages. Whether learning for professional development or personal enrichment, students can master new skills through self-paced, on-demand courses, while instructors have a way to share their knowledge with the world. For companies, Udemy for Business offers subscription access to a collection of business-relevant courses as well as a simple platform to host and distribute their own content in one central place.
We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious commitment to delivering the best possible learning and teaching experiences. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Sao Paulo, Brazil, and Ankara, Turkey. Compensation includes full-time salary, equity compensation plan, and competitive benefits including healthcare, commuter benefits, parental leave, and a discretionary time off policy.
Udemy in the News: