We're a small team with a big mission -- to help anyone learn anything, online. We're looking for folks who are incredibly hungry, passionate, smart, fun, and scrappy to help us achieve that mission.
This position will be focused on helping Udemy define the growth strategy for the social channels, particularly Facebook for both new students and existing students.
Udemy is looking for someone to help us take our social strategy to the next level. We want our students and instructors to discover Udemy’s incredible selection, find the right course and instructor for their needs and to be inspired by the content they see on social platforms.
Are you a hungry social marketer ready to tackle a complex challenge? Are you ready to help Udemy become a world-class social marketing machine?
- Lead and Develop a holistic lifecycle social strategy for acquiring new students and reactivating and monetizing existing students..
- Work with marketing and product to optimize course catalogue and social feeds for optimal Facebook performance in terms of creative.
- Stay on top of, and socialize internally, industry best practices and cutting edge technology partners.
- Collaborate with strategy, product and engineering to identify and drive promotions and product features that will help generate incremental revenue for both new and existing users.
- Work with other team members on strategy and execution for Instagram, Video, other social channels, etc.
- Work with Data Science team to understand LTV of acquired students and measure incremental impact of both new and existing user campaigns (and different campaign types.)
- Design campaign and audience strategy to maximize reach to all potential Udemy customers.
- Stay on top of the many latest development in Facebook marketing, across the both the native platform and Adtech partners.
- Collaborate with designers to develop compelling ad creative that will resonate with prospective students in key international markets.
- QA ad creative (format and translation) to ensure error free deployment across dozens of languages.
- Support additional acquisition efforts as needed including seasonal promotions, category expansion etc.
- 4-6 years experience in social media acquisition with an additional 4 years in consumer internet marketing, advertising or other related fields.
- Familiarity with the strengths, weaknesses and use cases of all Facebook ad types, bidding options and targeting mechanisms.
- Expert in modern Facebook products and creative including video ads and Dynamic Product Ads.
- Highly structured and an analytical approach to problem solving -- you love digging into the numbers and uncovering hidden opportunities
- Understanding of the social space, including the key players and technical hurdles, auction types, audience targeting, etc.
- Quick learner and adaptive approach. You can pick up our way of doing things and make improvements. You are willing to try, fail, learn and improve.
- Strong leadership and mentorship skills. You are passionate about your field and are always looking to learn and share.
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills, as well as a strong creative intuition on messaging and designs that resonate with consumers.
- A strong disposition for data-driven decision making; ability to write SQL queries (or desire to learn)
- A team-oriented mindset and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals
- A willing to help where needed and be flexible. We are a growing company and what works today may not work tomorrow.
- A passion for learning and testing new marketing best practices
- A passion for online education and consumer internet products