The Sales Learning & Development (SL&D) Manager will be responsible for assessing, developing and executing the sales learning strategy to optimize the performance of the sales organization including new hire training and advanced sales training. The incumbent will work in heavy collaboration with executive leadership to deliver programs that bridge skill gaps in sales, product knowledge, commercial execution and leadership development.
- Responsibility for assessing, developing and executing the sales learning strategy to optimize the performance of the sales organization with specific attention to commercial execution.
- Collaborating with cross-functional leaders at Silk Road Medical and with Vascular Surgeons and other key stakeholders to understand key requirements of our training programs and to deploy best in industry learning programs.
- Managing the learning management system platform and all training deliverables and programs.
- Developing sales training programs to ensure commercial proficiency including delivering commercial content to new hires and all other sales employees
- Accountable for maintaining a robust infrastructure of Field Trainers to aid in the delivery of commercial training content
- Accountable for rapid proficiency of new sales team members leading to maximum productivity in 6 to 12 months
- Accountable for developing appropriate sales training tools including e-modules for remote ongoing learning
- Delivering programs for the recertification of all sales personnel throughout the year including
- Accountable for driving continued education of all commercial field personnel via multiple training mechanisms & vehicles to include, but not limited to:
- Role playing
- Online Courses Instructor Led programs
- Self-Study materials
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree (MBA, MSc) preferred.
- Sales Training and/or Professional Education experience in a Cardiovascular medical device company is required.
- Sales Management in a CV medical device company is preferred
- Proven ability to learn complex technology/clinical applications required
- Excellent negotiation and collaboration skills required.
- Must demonstrate strong commercial and business acumen
- Strong presentation skills, customer relations skills, and proven track record of respect and connections with field organizations required
- Results & performance driven including focus on execution, strategic thinking, collaboration & teaming, sense of urgency, big picture orientation with attention to detail.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Certifications/Licenses:
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong presentation skills (proficient in PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high energy, innovative environment
- Ability to learn complex technology/clinical applications and take initiative
- Cardiology or Peripheral Vascular technology knowledge required
- Strategic-minded with superior collaboration skills
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
Flexibility to travel 20 to 30% of the time. Overnight travel, inclusive of workweek and weekends will be required.
What We Offer You:
- A collaborative work environment with colleagues who care about each other and the success of their organization
- A workplace where you are treated fairly, compensated competitively, and can learn and develop your skills
- A chance to join an industry which is saving lives and changing the shape of healthcare
- A very fun and supportive environment in a fast-growing organization where there is never a dull moment
Interested candidates should submit their resume.