Data from Second Measure drives core strategic decisions for our clients: how to invest multi-billion dollar portfolios, how to allocate nine-figure marketing budgets, and how to prioritize large partnerships and acquisitions.
We are looking for our first finance hire to help us scale our rapidly growing business. In this role, you will advise the CEO and other leaders on key strategic business decisions, develop / own our short-range and long-range financial plan, and define and implement planning processes.
In a given week, you might:
- Advise the CEO on the financial implications of a large R&D project.
- Meet with the Head of Sales to update a sales hiring plan.
- Update Second Measure’s board on our business performance and outlook.
- Own all financial operations for a rapidly-growing venture-backed subscription software startup, including accounting, FP&A, budgeting and planning.
- Act as advisor to the executive team on the financial impact of strategic initiatives, including R&Dinvestments, hiring plans, marketing initiatives, etc.
- Work with sales leadership to develop and calibrate sales targets and incentive plan.
- Define, develop and own our near-term cash model and long-term forecast.
- Monitor, analyze and report progress against the financial plan.
- Define and implement financial controls.
- 8-10+ years of work experience in finance.
- You have worked in corporate FP&A, ideally at a fast-growing SaaS company.
- You have significant experience defining, building and owning financial models and forecasts.
- You are comfortable formulating and communicating your point of view.
- You have experience working regularly with senior executives in finance, strategy, sales and/or marketing.
- You have owned and driven key processes that require cross-functional coordination.
- You would thrive in a rapidly changing startup environment.
Working at Second Measure:
- Flexible work from home and paid time off policies
- Generous parental leave benefits (up to 12 weeks paid leave, up to 1 year total leave)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits