Qubole, the leading cloud-agnostic, big data-as-a-service provider, is passionate about making data-driven insights easily accessible to anyone. Qubole delivers the industry’s first autonomous data platform. The cloud-based data platform, Qubole Data Service (QDS), removes the burden of maintaining infrastructure of multiple big data processing engines, and enables customers to focus on their data. Qubole customers process nearly an exabyte of data every month. Qubole investors include Charles River, Institutional Venture Partners, Lightspeed, Norwest, Harmony and Singtel Innov8.
About the Role
As an Security Application Developer you would be expected to be a passionate coder who wants to take their skillset to new heights by applying security methodologies, techniques and tools to code. As a Security Application Developer you would make significant contributions to security, engineering by improving effectiveness and ensuring that the code is free of dangerous security defects. The successful candidate would be expected to develop elegant solutions to potentially complex business and application programs and apply technology solutions while teaching others the value of secure code and following best practices.
Security Application Developers are expected to constantly seek opportunities for improvement not only to the code but to the entire stack, ensuring that code is not only secure but optimized. That security doesn’t reduce efficiency but improve it. You would be expected to have experience in at least two of the four of the following C++, Java, Ruby, Python and have experience working in UNIX/Linux environments hosted in the Cloud (AWS/Azure) and operating in/on containers.
- Highly Technical. You have Java/Ruby/Python experience and understand how things work and you write code
- You enjoy being creative and curious - approach problems from multiple angles and dig into new topics and apply insights to your projects.
- Experience with Amazon AWS/Microsoft Azure services as a IaaS/PaaS and optionally containers (Dockers/Kubernetes)
- Experience with static code analysis techniques, such as Fortify or CheckMarx, or open-source equivalents; threat analysis or modeling helpful
- Experience understanding security aspects of pentest assessment and mapping security findings into software engineering bugs fixes or enhancement requests
- Strong Understanding of security models surrounding encryption, authentication, authorization and access controls, and related open-source technologies
- Understanding of data security and access modeling for relational and non-relational data stores
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field and 6 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 10 years OR 8 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 10 years.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- OSCP, OSWP, OSCE, GPEN, GWAPT, GXPN certifications (current)
- Experience with bug bounty programs
Culture at Qubole
Trust and Autonomy: We absolutely pride ourselves in the lack of bureaucracy at work, and believe in delegating power and responsibility, aggressively to our employees.
Transparency and Teamwork: Complete transparency in all our thoughts and actions is integral to our genetic character, and it helps us to stick together and function efficiently as a team.
Who Thrives: If you are s self-starter and thrive on complexity and independence and truly understand and proactive the tenets of humility, hunger and honesty and you will love Qubole.
CRN named Qubole one of the 20 Coolest Cloud Platform Vendors in 2018 and a member of the CRN Cloud 100.
Qubole was named #9 on Forbes Magazine’s Best Cloud Computing Companies to Work for in 2018.
Ashish Thusoo was listed in the Top 5 CEOs to Work for in 2018 according to Glassdoor.
Qubole is hitting that growth inflection point where we need talented people to help us scale up. Our company culture is special, and we are looking for people to join us who want to continue building a great company while going after the big data activation market.
If you want to get technical, click here
for a 5 min run down of how Qubole works
Watch a talk given by our CEO here
Culture at Qubole
Trust and Autonomy: We absolutely pride ourselves on the lack of bureaucracy at work, and believe in delegating power and responsibility, aggressively to our employees.
Transparency and Teamwork: Complete transparency in all our thoughts and actions is integral to our genetic character, and it helps us to stick together and function effectively as a team.
Who Thrives: If you are a self-starter and thrive on complexity and independence and truly understand and live the tenets of humility, hunger and honesty and you will love Qubole.
Qubole is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Qubole does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Qubole also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.