At BlueJeans, we’re transforming the way people collaborate by delivering the meetings platform for the modern workplace. We bring video, audio, and web conferencing together so it's easily accessible for everyone, regardless of location or device, including mobile, desktop, and room system. We work with thousands of companies worldwide to support everyday meetings, large-scale events, and social broadcasts so people can collaborate the way they want. All our customers have one trait in common: they understand the benefits of bringing their employees, leaders, and partners closer together. Since 2009, we have raised $175M in funding led by Accel Partners, Battery Ventures, NEA, and Norwest Venture Partners.
Our customer base is growing fast and we are looking for a senior Customer Support Engineer to join our world class global support team and be the face and voice of our company with our customers. You will work with Blue Jeans Network’s customers, partners, our sales and engineering team to ensure highest level of service satisfaction. This role will be responsible for providing the highest level of technical support, independently resolving complex problems, and working with development engineering to deliver solutions in a timely manner.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Provide global support for our worldwide customer base and resolve technical issues.
- Take full ownership of an issue without supervision, develop and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and partners, and help improving and maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Respond to customers in a timely fashion and manage simultaneous customer cases in a highly demanding environment.
- Identify product issue and drive resolution of complex issues:
- Replicate the problem in a controlled test environment to isolate the root cause. Provide full detail in documenting the problem including (when applicable), call logs, screen shots, network traces, etc.
- Work closely with the development team to help resolve the product bugs and deliver solutions in a timely fashion.
- Proactively identify issues and take mitigation steps before they become “noticed” by customer.
- Deliver positive communications to our internal and external customers.
- Provide clear, well written correspondence to customers and in internal CRM.
- Maintain a positive and helpful tone in all correspondences.
- Offer additional tips, best practices and solutions, related to their service issue, whenever possible.
- Becomes an expert and focal point with all aspects of our service. Train prospects, paid customers and partners on the product applications.
- Maintains a state-of-the-art subject matter expertise on existing and planned technologies, including related products and services.
- Proactively shares knowledge with internal and external customers, by providing new and updated FAQ solution material.
- Typically requires BS in computer science or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in a customer support, sales engineering, or equivalent role with experience building and managing strong customer relationships.
- In-depth knowledge of video conferencing products such as Cisco/Tandberg, Polycom, Lifesize etc.
- Strong understanding of H.323, SIP, Firewalls/NAT traversal and Gatekeepers.
- Proficiency with TCP/IP and networking. Knowledge of IP Telephony, Web conferencing, switching/routing protocols is a plus.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability to assess customer’s network deployments, use appropriate tools to debug complex problem and drive issue to resolution.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written; able to engender trust and respect of peers and customers.
- Sense of urgency. Escalates product issues when appropriate; maintains a sense of 'problem ownership' to drive all issues to successful resolution. Strives to turn around issues with an efficient and effective approach to the highest of customer's satisfaction.
- Capable of juggling a number of priorities and delivering results on time in a high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated and a team player with a sense of humor
What is Blue Jeans?
At Blue Jeans Network, our mission is to make video communications as easy and pervasive as audio communications, enabling more effective collaboration at work, at home, and on the road. Our cloud-based conferencing service makes this possible by enabling customers to connect with each other seamlessly anytime, anywhere, and from practically any device. The Blue Jeans Network extends high quality video communications beyond the traditional boundaries of specialized conference rooms and into the mainstream, allowing employees throughout an enterprise to interact more effectively with each other and with their customers, partners, suppliers, family, and friends.
Why Blue Jeans is THE PLACE to be?
We have a fun and collaborative work culture! We have over 5000 customers including Facebook, Stanford University, Netflix, UC Berkeley and Zappos. We have raised $175M from top venture capitalists: Accel, NEA, Norwest and Battery. Our team is composed of rock stars from a blend of industries: broadband networks, video, media and SaaS. We live and breathe a can do attitude with the passion to “get stuff done” with quality. We have fun, eat well and love to compete in pingpong or pool.