Casper is seeking a Learning Experience Designer to join our growing New York-based team. Reporting to the Director of Learning & Development, you will add a critical instructional design capability for product knowledge, customer interactions and internal processes & systems as we scale our retail and commercial businesses in the US and internationally. Bringing a passion for both process and creativity, you will partner with subject matter experts to lead the needs assessment, design, and development of custom content and facilitated experiences with supporting tools and materials. You will also work closely with managers and trainers to support implementation planning, delivery preparation, the evaluation of learning outcomes, and updating / tailoring materials as needed.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Scope projects, set timelines and own end-to-end development of all deliverables applying current learning experience, behavior change, instructional design, and adult learning principles
- This is heavily weighted towards hands-on building - as needed, you will identify and manage other internal or external resources based on capacity or specialized needs (i.e., video, graphic design, complex programming, etc)
- Partner with stakeholders to formulate learning outcomes with a plan to evaluate the effectiveness of the program from both the learner and the business perspective (Kirkpatrick level 1 - 2 evaluations required, exposure to level 3 - 4 is preferred)
- Create, curate and update engaging digital and physical content (video, articles, internal experts, etc) on our learning platforms to refresh
- Proactively collaborate with and support training partners across the organization to leverage or enhance existing content and adjust materials as needed for teams (HQ, stores, etc)
- Actively support learning pilots, train-the-trainer sessions and observation exercises to ensure learning effectiveness and identify necessary updates
- Codify internal learning design processes, tools, templates, and branding - in partnership with L&D / People, Creative and Experience teams
Our dream candidate is...
- 3 - 5 years relevant and progressive experience of instructional design and development of experiential learning for a fast-paced, dynamic, and growing organization (retail, consumer products and technology industries are a plus)
- Preferred experience and exposure to both a corporate and distributed workforce, blended learning programs including visually appealing presentations, detailed facilitator guides for interactive sessions, participant materials (pre/during/post), knowledge checks, curated content, etc
- Confident in blue-printing, storyboarding and prototyping to move quickly and get stakeholder feedback and buy-in early in design process
- Ability to write clear and concise copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts in a voice that embodies the Casper brand values is required
- Ability to partner with Creative team and leverage existing style guides, imagery and templates is required
- Proficient in basic and preferred design tools including, but not limited to: Productivity Suites (MS Office, Google, etc); Visual design tools (Adobe Design Suite, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc); Screen Capture (Camtasia, etc); Course development (Storyline, Lectora, Captivate, etc)
- Comfortable leveraging modern learning management systems and virtual platforms like Zoom
- Maintains excellent knowledge of how people learn (i.e., adult learning theories, neuroscience), instructional design models, state of L&D (AI, NLP, machine learning, etc)
- Certificate or degree in instructional design, educational technology or similar is preferred
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!