Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is looking to add a Workplace & Facilities Manager to join our People Team, leading the day-to-day operations and defining the operating rhythm of our New York HQ office, and supporting the daily operations of our offices in San Francisco, LA, Toronto & Berlin (small London outpost coming soon!) This role is accountable for providing a best-in-class workplace for all our teams and their unique needs.
At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products and experiences to help you dream your way to a better life! We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Work with the Senior Manager of Employee Communications & Experience to define and execute workplace initiatives, manage vendors,, and supervise global projects.
- Develop and scale each of our office locations to operate efficiently by introducing and implementing programs that will reduce short- and long-term operating costs and increase employee happiness.
- Provide a world-class working environment for all team members through innovative service offerings and hospitality elements.
- Lead future construction projects for our offices worldwide as we grow and settle into new homes. Specifically, lead the build-out of a new NY HQ office and an expansion of our office in San Francisco.
- Manage a Workplace/EX team in NY HQ and collaborate globally with Employee Experience team members to ensure a consistent experience across all offices.
- Work cross-functionally to balance competing priorities, think creatively to propose unique solutions, and communicate clearly and effectively to all stakeholders (partners include - Sr. Leaders, Dept or Team Leads, Finance, IT)
- Act as a liaison with building management to on all office issues and updates.
- Safety and cleanliness are your number one priority — you’ll manage all protocols and policies including cleaning services and supplies, emergency action safety training and facilitation, and building and mechanical maintenance.
- Manage our mailroom and shipping and receiving as our deliveries and Casper product come and go.
- Be the eyes and ears for everything in our offices — you will know exactly what is where, and when it needs to be re-ordered and replenished.
- Own and deliver on an annual budget, as well as individual project line items; partner with your manager and finance.
- Quarterly travel to office locations required (3-4 days).
Our dream candidate is…
- Knowledgeable in the world of facilities, startups, and customer service with 5-7 years of hands-on experience
- Action-oriented and excited to step up to challenges
- Demonstrated experience managing a budget ($1M+) efficiently
- You put the I in DIY — you are as comfortable greeting visitors as you are wearing a toolbelt
- Project management experience, including managing an end-to-end office build out — working with architects, contractors, PMs, and outside consultants
- You have managed a large, fast-paced office in the past
- A team player who is also able to work autonomously and requires little oversight
- Comfortable multitasking, prioritizing requests, and have an unwavering can-do attitude
- Passionate about cultivating and exemplifying our developing company culture
- Discrete with the ability to keep information confidential when required
- An empathetic people person with a high EQ
- Comfortable with heavy lifting and being part of the fire safety team
- Flexible to take on tasks as the role expands and changes
Yes, we’re friendly. Here’s our story!
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.