Omada Health is seeking a technical project manager (TPM) to facilitate technical integrations with Omada’s customers and partners. The TPM supports both customer-facing teams and engineering teams with technical planning for individual integrations and broader product prioritization to help Omada improve its systems.
The TPM's primary goal is to improve Omada's ability to onboard and support customers and strategic alliance partners. The TPM is an expert in Omada's internal systems and works with customer-facing teams to guide customers through those systems and problem solve through challenges. Leveraging their creative vision, the TPM can work directly with business partners to strategically enable the product and build out internal and external integration strategies at scale. The TPM pays attention to both customer and internal needs so that they can work with commercial, support, compliance, product, and engineering teams to improve Omada's systems and processes.
To achieve the above goal, the TPM will be responsible for educating internal teams about technical integration processes, helping determine the specific requirements of integrations, keeping stakeholders updated regarding technical timelines, and working with Omada’s product and engineering teams.
- Own planning, tracking, and documentation to ensure the timeliness, effectiveness, and overall success of your internal and client-facing projects
- Track technical progress of integration between Omada’s and our clients’ systems
- Meet with client-facing teams and business partners to provide technical direction
- Ensure that technical integration is never a bottleneck in delivering Omada’s services
- Work with engineering groups at Omada to understand and evolve how our internal software interfaces with clients and supports strategic initiatives as they relate to implementation and growth
- Maintain good judgment regarding promises made to clients and internal stakeholders
- Write concise, friendly, and timely email responses to internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to the development and sharing of project management best practices within the Omada
- Project manage transitions and oversee the overall technical health of existing client integrations
- Limited travel (5%) to client sites
You will love this job if you have:
- 2+ years experience managing complex projects and technical implementations
- 2+ years in a client-facing role
- Proven experience interfacing with engineering and product organizations
- Capacity to construct clear, concise, and effective communications
- A strong tendency towards proactivity for risk management and escalation
- The acumen to balance day-to-day execution with long-term priorities
- The ability to engage with all levels of an organization and with different types of teams (executive, technical, marketing, product, etc.)
- Passion for process improvement and documentation
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Powerpoint, Excel, CSV files
Bonus points if you have:
- Familiarity with agile engineering practices
- Familiarity with SQL
- Knowledge of chronic disease prevention, the US healthcare system, digital health, and the startup work environment
- Competitive salary
- Stock options + extended post termination option exercise window (for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering
- 401k retirement savings plan
About Omada Health: We’ve pioneered digital behavioral medicine: an innovative approach to tackling the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Our online programs combine world-class science, technology, and design to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. Named one of Fast Company’s “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World,” our team includes passionate and talented individuals. Our approach has been embraced by major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Kaiser Permanente and BlueCross Blue Shield of Louisiana.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.