What You’ll Do
This role is responsible for defining the features, validating, and deploying the servers into datacenter fleet. This will involve understanding the sw team’s workload and translating that into the server hw features that would help accelerate their workload execution. The validation will involve component, server, and performance validation. The role will involve reviewing electrical and system validation plans to ensure proper testing of the function of the new server hardware. The responsibilities include performing some bring up, validation, and debug in the lab. It’s exciting to then deploy large number of servers into our fleet and being able to debug issues that pop up.
What You’ll Need
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering field.
- 5+ years of relevant hardware system engineering experience.
- Prior experience with defining server level features to fit software workload needs, validating systems, and deploying systems into the datacenter
- Prior experience with debugging and fixing hardware and firmware issues on servers and storage systems.
- Prior experience with validation and debug of the server systems and motherboards to ensure proper form/fit/functionality of the board with all of its interfaces.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to write detailed design documents.
- You have a knack for helping the team grow by inspiring and mentoring less experienced engineers.
- You must be a team player. We have internal customers whom we want to serve to the best of our ability. You should have customer service skills and be able to develop solutions that span multiple teams.
- Strong experience with operating systems.You should have strong experience in the Linux environment and a solid understanding of its fundamentals such as kernel parameters
- Understanding of DHCP, PXE, DNS and TCP/IP are also a bonus
- Experience with developing service oriented systems, REST
- Solid background in multiple programming languages, e.g. Go, Python or C/C++