What You’ll Do
The Software Platform team is looking for a (Senior) Software Engineer to help design, develop and deliver next-generation automation solutions that will help increase the efficiency, reliability, performance and agility of Uber’s infrastructure across physical and virtual server environments. These solutions will be leveraged by the teams managing Uber’s global infrastructure daily.
The team is looking for someone with a passion for developing mission-critical software that creates simple abstractions for complex infrastructure. If you value simplicity, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and are excited to learn, we’d like to talk to you.
What You’ll Need
- BS degree in Computer Science or related engineering field. Masters/Ph.D. preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
- Solid background in multiple programming languages, e.g. Go, Java, Python or C/C++.
- Passion about system architecture and building distributed systems at hyper scale.
- Prior experience with infrastructure automation, Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM), Linux environments, imaging solutions and/or configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Salt) is a plus.
- Understanding of DHCP, PXE, DNS and TCP/IP are also a bonus.
- Experience developing service oriented systems, REST.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to write detailed design documents.
- You have a knack for helping the team grow by inspiring and mentoring less experienced engineers