What You’ll Do
- Optimize global supply chain performance through cost/scenario analysis, and benchmarking
- Develop effective commodity sourcing strategies
- Assess and mitigate risks to the business and confirm business objectives are met
- Ensure material supply is able to meet demand
- Partner with SDQM to support quality Initiatives and execution at suppliers
- Maintain supply chain database
- Manage all commercial aspects with the supplier (i.e., pricing negotiations, critical issues, contract execution, supplier relationship...etc)
- Responsible for establishing cost and delivery targets for assigned areas
- Timely escalation of issues to leadership
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering preferred)
- Master's degree preferred (Engineering, Supply Chain, or Business preferred)
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise, and problem solve with poise in a rapidly changing environment
- Eagerness to learn and demonstrate value in a dynamic environment
- Comfortable with making quick, informed decisions with 80% information
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects, with various teams including engineering and supply chain
- Open to travel (25-30% depending on commodity)
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
The Global Product Operations group enables Uber’s world-class talent and optimizing technology for the future of mobility.