What You’ll Do
If the intersection of graph theory, operations research and self driving vehicles is your jam, this role will give you the opportunity to:
- See your development of production-level executive and routing systems have immediate impact on our fleets of real autonomous vehicles driving in the world today.
- Get hands-on experience working with self-driving vehicles - interacting and shaping robotic technology!
- Develop innovative solutions for challenging problems with scalable, production quality software.
- Collaborate with an amazing team of highly skilled group of people all tackling challenges of autonomous vehicles
What You’ll Need
- Strong background in graph theory, operations research or other approaches to vehicle routing: you delight in planning how vehicles should move throughout the world.
- Excellent software engineering skills: you are comfortable reading and developing production quality C++ software in a Linux environment.
- Excellent system design skills: you are able to keep broad cross-system issues in mind and and produce designs which not only meet your immediate needs, but also integrate cleanly with an entire software stack.
- Fast Learner: you thrive on learning new technologies and creating innovative solutions on a collaborative team.
- Team Player: you believe that you can achieve more on a team. You support and encourage your teammates to excel. You rely on others’ feedback for continuous improvement.
- Self Starter: you have a desire to take initiative and provide leadership with composure. You enjoy getting into the details, resolving problems, building things, and drawing out the best in others. You are a motivator.
- Analytics: you have an ability to analyze test results to prove your solutions and build, use and configure automated reporting systems to ensure those systems’ reliability.
Bonus Points If
- Proficiency with Machine Learning systems
- General Experience with Autonomy and Robotics
- Proficiency with Python
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Phoenix, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.