Software Engineer, Calibration at Uber
San Francisco, CA, US
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
The calibration team works at the heart of our self driving technology, interacting with every autonomy team in some manner to ensure that systems and sensors are providing the correct data to each subsystem. Uber needs you to join our team to tackle challenging problems calibrating complex, multi-sensor systems in a robust and scalable manner.
What You’ll Do
- Own the design, implementation, and extension of calibration software and methodology
- Troubleshoot various HW and SW related issues
- Bring up and calibrate new sensors, including cameras and lidars, for autonomous vehicles
- Collaborate with a team of HW and SW sensor experts to refine and lock down calibration requirements for different sensors/algorithms
What You’ll Need
- Excellent software development skills in C++
- Knowledge and experience with Python
- Experience in one or more areas of sensor/system calibration, optimization, and computer vision
Bonus Points If
- Background in robotics
- Prior work with automotive systems
- Prior work camera calibration (pinhole or fisheye)
About the Team
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Toronto, and Boulder are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.