What You’ll Do
- Integrate complex electrical and mechanical systems
- Update hardware designs and documentation to improve manufacturability
- Design tooling that cuts assembly time, eliminates defects, and reduces cost
- Interface with the design teams and production floor
- Write process documents, work instructions, and checkout procedures
- Identify root cause of production issues and implement permanent fixes
What You’ll Need
- 12-15 years of relevant experience
- Advanced engineering degree (MBA preferred)
- Experience with ISO, ERP/MRP systems, and industry experience is strongly preferred
- Organizational ability to manage data
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Print management and release experience
- Affinity for working in a dynamic, global, and technology-focused environment
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and deal with time pressure in an unstructured environment
- Good leadership, problem solving and technical capabilities
- Willing to travel
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
The Global Product Operations group enables Uber’s world-class talent and optimizing technology for the future of mobility.