About the Role
The Mechanical Engineering Lead at JUMP will guide mechanical designs and engineering process across all product development efforts on the team. To build our vehicles at high quality, high volumes, and with an incredible user experience, JUMP leverages cutting-edge technology, advanced manufacturing, and best-in-class design. The Mechanical Engineering Lead will be in an expert in these categories, enabling our internal teams, supporting business units, and external partners to ship products that meet this high standard. They will take best practices from the world’s largest industries (automotive, consumer electronics, automation, software) and create new ones as necessary to enable JUMP to build transportation products that are safer, more capable, more durable, and faster to deploy than anything that exists now.
- Be the day-to-day lead of our design engineering, mechanical engineering, and powertrain engineering teams
- Own the structure and growth of these teams, guiding the expertise they need to develop to continually deliver world-leading shared electric vehicles
- Be a subject matter expert on all relevant manufacturing processes - extrusion, forging, hydroforming, milling, stamping, die casting, injection molding, coating, plating, bonding, welding, and final assembly (manual + robotic)
- Lead a fast & modern engineering process that positions JUMP teams to dynamically respond to new technologies, market pivots, and emerging opportunities while maintaining quality and a rapid release cycle
- Work closely with testing, validation, quality, and supply chain teams to ensure our product is built to withstand years of shared outdoor usage - and that we can ramp to millions of units of production while maintaining that quality