What You’ll Need
Program Managers in Engineering play a critical role executing high-impact initiatives as well as defining, running, and improving process to increase the effectiveness of our programs, product and engineering organizations.
Program Managers move fluidly from the big picture to details so that the team can deliver complex cross-functional projects, often with tight deadlines. You are a bridge and a connector for the company. You are intuitive, focused, driven, organized, insightful and productive. You break through communication issues and effectively develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization. You build trust across the organization. You are not afraid to be direct, but you strive to act with empathy and integrity.
- 4+ years experience as a program / project manager in an operations role within a tech environment.
- Ability to understand technical concepts and work in highly engineering and product driven environments. Engineers enjoy working closely with you.
- Experienced in managing technical processes; proficient in identifying process gaps, measuring progress, and balancing engineering efficiency with process overhead.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence.
- Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Analytical and truth seeking. Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively.
- Highly detail-oriented, i.e. he/she owns the details. This role requires an unusual degree of attention to detail. From the precise specification of a process to getting the wording just right in the Builder’s Playbook to articulating a company value, where some might get away with operating at a higher level, this person needs to go all the way down “to the metal” to truly finish things in a way that sticks. This person must crave getting his/her hands dirty, be quick to create a doc or spreadsheet and be obsessive and quick about completing it thoroughly in a high-quality way, and then making sure it’s 100% correct. No job can be too big or too small.
Bonus Points If
- Analytics background. He/she has collected, structured and analyzed data to drive key insights. Then experience using those using data insights can drive decisions and solutions through the organization.
- Proven ability to handle large complex projects/programs, especially related to people, community, and diversity. He/she should have experience balancing multiple priorities across multiple stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Experience at the Global scale. Deep understanding of how to lead a successful team across time zones and cultural boundaries.
- Strong tech company consulting background.
About the Team
You will work within the new and growing Engineering Executive Operations Team, reporting to the CTO's Chief of Staff to support the many talented engineering teams at Uber! The Engineering Executive Operations Team is responsible for optimizing operations across all of Engineering.