LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
TITLE: Director, Business Development
REPORTS TO: Chief Strategy Officer
The successful Director, Business Development at TigerConnect will be strategic with strong commercial negotiation skills, and solid Sales experience, while also having a technical background to manage SDK deals. The core responsibilities will include collaborating with Product and Integration teams to enable successful strategic partnerships. The main goal of the Director, Business Development will be to improve the TigerConnect end-customer experience, increase the solution offerings, and identify new integration partners leading to net new revenue.
What You'll Own:
- Manage and Grow existing SDK/API business
- Develop relationships with strategic partners to generate net new revenue under SDK/API business
- Support Engineering and Product with business relationship and management of internal third party vendors to seek costs savings, manage process, and negotiate contract terms as needed
- Identify and Successfully Collaborate with Non-Revenue Generating Strategic Integration Partners
- Share feedback with internal teams at TigerConnect to improve customer experience and overall solution offerings
What You Bring to the Table:
- Proven success (minimum 5 years) in technical Business Development role(s), preferably within Healthcare setting
- Commercially minded sales experience and tactical understanding
- Technical understanding of SDKs/APIs/custom integrations
- Exceptional relationship building skills; strong background identifying, creating, and maintaining strategic partnerships
- Expertise working with healthcare-related data and technologies; hands-on experience with leading electronic medical records (EMR’s) preferred
- Ability to manage ambiguity and operate effectively, even when things are not defined or the way forward is not certain – makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information
- Willingness to travel 50% including local, regional, and national
Who We Are:
As healthcare’s largest provider of clinical communication solutions, TigerConnect helps physicians, nurses, and other staff communicate and collaborate more effectively, accelerating productivity, reducing costs, and improving patient outcomes. With over 7,000 facilities, delivering hundreds of millions of messages monthly, TigerConnect continually delivers advanced product innovations and integrates with critical hospital systems such as the EHR, nurse call, and scheduling solutions. It is recognized as a top Must-See LA Tech Office, one of the 5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch by Entrepreneur, and one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2015, 2016, and 2017. TigerConnect currently has over 120 employees with offices in Santa Monica, San Jose, and Shanghai.
Why We’re Different:
- We are the largest provider of clinical communication and collaboration solutions in the U.S.
- We're making much-needed, major changes in the healthcare industry - allowing nurses and doctors to treat more patients, more quickly
- Prime office space in the major tech ecosystems of California - Silicon Beach and Silicon Valley - each complete with a loaded fridge and tons of other perks (think rock climbing wall, food trucks, yoga, happy hours & more)
- An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs (www.tigerconnect.com/about)
- A fun environment that embraces a “work hard-play hard” culture
- We have team members that love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help clients, support the company's rapid growth, and ultimately optimize healthcare workflows
- This is a full time opportunity with a competitive salary, medical benefits, and 401K matching plan
TigerConnect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to TigerConnect without first entering into a written contract with TigerConnect will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.