About Health Catalyst
Health Catalyst was named as one of the 30 Best Workplaces in Technology by Fortune Magazine and the 11th best place to work by Glassdoor. Health Catalyst earned the highest overall score in Healthcare BI by KLAS and was named to the World’s Best 100 cloud companies by Forbes. Health Catalyst analyzes healthcare records of almost a third of the US population (65 million patients) and recently released the first open source software for healthcare machine learning: healthcare.ai.
Health Catalyst’s platform and applications are being used at leading health systems including, John Muir Health, UPMC, MultiCare Health System, Partners HealthCare, Banner Health, Stanford Hospital & Clinics, Texas Children’s Hospital, and over 40 others. Health Catalyst products and services are utilized in over 400 hospitals and 4000 clinics, supporting over 90 million patients.
Our team lives the cultural attributes of Smart, Hardworking, and Humble. Learn more about working at Health Catalyst here: https://www.healthcatalyst.com/company/careers/key-health-catalyst-values.
Health Catalyst is aggregating the largest detailed healthcare dataset ever assembled; come help us make it happen! This position is a unique career opportunity to make an enormous, unprecedented impact on US healthcare. OPM team is responsible to architect, build and manage Leading Wisely. Leading Wisely is a new generation executive decision support system with personalized watch-lists, configurable visualizations and customizable alerts and notifications; giving you the data and foresight to deal with every-day and unexpected opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities
We are seeking candidates with broad proficient experience with multiple toolsets in a commercial product environment. The successful candidate will also be eager and willing to learn new technologies as they emerge.
- Soft Skills & Important Traits
- Communication skills - Articulate speaker
- Professional focus and drive
- Passionate about the application of technology to solve real world problems
- Prepared to lay a strong architectural foundation for a brand-new code base
- Able to provide technical guidance to other developers as the team grows
- Commercial Software Development Experience
- Working knowledge of source code management systems (Git, TFS, SVN, etc.)
- Working knowledge of modern integrated development environments (IDEs like Visual Studio, Eclipse, etc.)
- DevOps experience (configuring build, deploy, or telemetry)
- Agile/Scrum software development practices
- Programming Skills
- C# (strongly preferred), C++, Java
- Is comfortable with asynchronous programming (Promises, Observables)
- Is curious and capable of learning new languages rapidly
- Web Technologies: REST APIs, CSS, JSON, OAuth2 Security
- MVC & derivatives, Façade, Adapter, SOLID etc.
- Knows, and has worked in, multiple object oriented programming languages
- Knows and has worked in web technologies
- Working knowledge of Design Patterns
- Database Skills
- Working knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Working knowledge of relational database systems (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostGRES)
- UI/UX and/or usability experience
- Experience with visualization technologies (D3 and HTML5)
- Data warehousing experience
- Healthcare domain knowledge
- Experience or desire to learn ‘big data’ analytic technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Elasticsearch, Druid)
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Computing)
- Experience with ORM/EDMs such as Entity Framework, Hibernate, etc...
- Healthcare data and analytics experience
- Familiarity with development methodologies including the AGILE development approaches
Education & Relevant Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in technology or technology related field
- BS/BA in Computer science, information systems, or other technology/science degree
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.