Reporting to the CEO, the Controller will be the first finance/accounting hire for JoyRun and an integral part of the organization's growth and success. This position will be asked to wear both strategic and tactical hats as a one-person team;
On the strategic side, key initiatives will be owning and refining accounting, financial analysis, and budgeting and forecasting processes. The Controller will support decision making for the company through financial modeling, fact-based analysis and interpretation of key business and financial trends.
On the tactical side, the Controller will need to roll up his or her sleeves to close the books, process payroll, invoice restaurant partners, and ensure invoices are paid. As the company grows, the Controller will have the opportunity to hire team members to handle more of the tactical workload.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Execute all accounting process including journal entries, reconciliations and Month/Year End Close
- Process semi-monthly payroll using a payroll service provider including benefits administration and employee on-boarding
- Process payments to contractors
- Manage accounts receivables and collections
- Ensure timely payments of invoices
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Review expense reports and ensure compliance with travel and reimbursement policies
- Produce accurate financial statements
- Produce monthly financial analysis including market analysis
- Build and manage the analytical framework and financial tools for operational decisions
- Interface with tax accounts to support filing of tax returns
- Prepare and file 1099-MISC forms
- Monitor business activities to identify accounting issues and recommend solutions
- Develop and enforce financial policies, internal controls, procedures
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting and financial reporting procedures
- CPA not required but a plus
- Advanced spreadsheet skills and presentation preparation skills
JoyRun provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, JoyRun complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
JoyRun expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of JoyRun’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.