Udemy's back-end engineering team develops and supports software frameworks, services, tools, and processes that enable Udemy to support over 24 million students and 35,000 instructors in more than 190 countries globally.
We are looking for a senior software professional with experience in developing secure systems to join us. As a security expert you will:
• Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and designers, as well as Udemy's information security, legal, operations, and compliance teams to develop, document, and implement processes and tools to keep Udemy's systems, software, and operations secure, while meeting business goals as well as regulatory requirements.
• Help educate and train Udemy's engineering staff on security best practices in software development and technical operations.
• Guide Udemy's development team through compliance and regulatory requirements in an agile, modern fashion.
• Contribute to automating security checks and tests that plug into developer workflows, build pipelines, and continuous integration (CI).
• Manage the reporting and tracking of Udemy application security vulnerabilitiesUnderstand and assess the threat landscape for Udemy, implementing threat intelligence and mapping Udemy's attack surface as needed. • Support reviews of our site initiated by enterprise customers with security concerns.