We believe that the way consumers and businesses interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. Plaid's goal is to enable this shift by building the tools and infrastructure that let developers create the next generation of financial services applications. As a software engineer at Plaid, you'll be responsible for building and maintaining the core integrations into our financial institution partners—and help build on the framework that keeps all these integrations together. It is the most mission-critical component of our infrastructure, and is responsible for connecting millions of bank accounts and billions transactions to Plaid. You'll work mostly with a codebase written in Typescript, but also with codebases in Go and Node.js.
What excites us
- Production experience and a strong command of at least one language
- Someone who actively considers the fine balance between shipping speed and perfection
- A background in engineering, CS, physics, math, statistics, or another related field and a strong track record of building interesting projects
- Product mindset. You understand how your work impacts millions of users
- Problem solving. Our work can often require implementing unconventional solutions. You aren’t afraid to explore new domains when previous methods fail, sort through minute details, or find non-engineering ways around the problem.
- Experience writing software for a startup or large tech company is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.