World View is on the brink of writing history. We're creating unprecedented access to the near-space environment for purposes ranging from life-changing travel experiences to scientific research/education, and everything in between. It takes an incredible team to turn dreams into reality. We're already doing it, but we're always looking for others that share our passion for tackling big ideas and changing the world in the process. We believe in hiring the best, brightest, and most passionate people on earth. We're a small, agile company looking for people ready to contribute to something greater than themselves. We think big. We think different. We're not fond of mediocrity. We're pioneers charting new territory, opening access to near space, and writing history in the process.
In this role, World View is looking for a leader with extensive experience in designing and building high reliability systems. Leading teams to implement best practices for Design for Quality and Design for Reliability; lead Failure Review Boards, oversee Failure Mode Analysis and Worst Case Analysis; experience in parts engineering and parts selection process of commercial grade parts as well as space grade parts.
We are specifically looking for the following qualifications:
- Development of company’s reliability metrics and programs to systematically increase reliability
- Experience in New Product Introduction including Design for Reliability aspects
- Reliability Engineering including Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis and reliability predictions
- Failure Review Board experience, including Root Cause and Corrective Actions
- Materials and Parts Engineering
- Supplier source selection (technical basis)
- Ability to present technical information to stakeholders and to customers
- Ability to train and mentor staff in reliability disciplines
- Strong Leadership skills, proven history to lead and manage engineering teams