About the Opportunity
StellaService transforms the way companies measure and improve customer experience. Our software and data solutions include employee engagement tools and objective performance measurement.
The Corporate Controller will play a key role in process, performance, and people. You will continue to professionalize the accounting function, build process and controls, project manage important initiatives, and develop team members in their careers. The Controller will impact financial and operating results by ensuring the integrity of the recorded numbers in conjunction with analysis and insight to support performance improvements. These efforts aim to create shareholder value, prepare the team for continued sale, and support the professional development of each team member. You will effectively challenge the organization, problem solve and be hands-on in finding solutions in a very fast growing and dynamic company.
- Corporate Accounting: Direct all day-to-day technical and financial accounting activities and functions of the company, including timely and accurate monthly financial reporting, consolidation and closing processes, including reconciliation of various financial statement accounts, and deep dives as appropriate. Assess and optimize the accounting department structure and processes to increase the efficiency of the department while establishing/maintaining an effective internal control structure, with self-audit procedures that will ensure the consistent application of accounting policies.
- Internal Controls: Assess the effectiveness of the company’s processes and internal control structure and then design and implement changes to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and economic value of a control or process. The gamut includes setting up processes, working on the official accounting policy, developing internal control guidance, and establishing accounting best practices for process documentation
- Cash Management: Manage banking relationships and supervise cash management activities, with a focus on continuous improvement to ensure working capital improves every year. Provide management oversight and direction for the Company’s Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Fixed Asset and Tax activities. A focus on strong A/R and A/P management is crucial.
- Project Management: Leadership and management of projects to “stand up” and optimize accounting processes and procedures for various new business initiatives where seeking accounting treatment guidance from the auditors will be a first step and then determining how to operationalize is the real work.
- Risk Management: Develop and maintain audit standards and methodology for assessing business risk and evaluating the effectiveness of the established financial, operational and compliance practices and organization controls.
- Annual Audit: Develop and execute a comprehensive audit plan that is responsive to the financial, compliance and operational risks of the company, and allows for optimal reliance by external auditors. Ensure the audit process is utilized in identifying control weakness and developing recommendations within all divisions and operations of the company. The focus of this service may be on the financial, operational or information technology issues.
- Development of the Accounting Organization: Optimize the capabilities of the accounting organization by assessing talent and upgrading where appropriate, and by developing the most effective team structure. Build a cohesive team that enjoys their work and are motivated to do well. Ensure that the team works well and as valued partners with the rest of the business.
- Relationships with the external stakeholders: Develop and cultivate strong relationships with all stakeholders including management, board of directors, auditors and others, as appropriate. Actively participate in the corporate governance process at the company.
- 4-6 years in a finance role with increasing responsibility
- CPA required
- B2B SaaS software experience preferred
- Ability to build and sustain excellent relationships at multiple levels in the workplace and with various external constituencies. You can get things done quietly without unnecessary noise, are modest and self-effacing and in general are seen as humble but confident.You work in a respectful operating style.
- A startup, collaborative and results-driven mentality with equal parts intellectual curiosity, determination, and grit.