About the Opportunity
This is an opportunity to improve the lives of people with really hard jobs: customer care employees. You will be building and growing a system to make their job fun. You will be evolving a real-time feedback system that is enjoyable to use for self development and for coaching and motivating teams. We are building something revolutionary because we understand the psychology of happiness and stress and we also understand technology, product, and usability. Nobody else is thinking about how to make the jobs of front line employees fun.
We are seeking a backend engineer (65/35% split) proficient in TDD, to help us build and scale our several interconnected services. You will work on our Rails + React application, our Ember application and our APIs written in Python (Zappa). You will be part of a brilliant, fast-paced team tasked with growing StellaService at a rapid rate.
- Frameworks: Rails, Ember (using ember-cli), React
- TDD-focused: RSpec, Capybara or similar
- Database design, architecture and migrations
- Understands where Rails can go wrong and can mitigate
- Willing to dig into messy stuff
- Can increase overall velocity by creating quality maintainable code
- Can work on small incremental work that can be tested and go live in hours or days, not weeks
- Eager to both learn and teach within a high power team
- End-to-end, somewhat data intensive, web software development
- This is a full stack position with a concentration on backend
- Solve complex business problems by writing simple, effective code
Nice to have
- We also have a product with a Phoenix/Elixir stack, so interest or experience with Elixir would be a plus.
- Data visualization
What will make you a standout candidate
- Show us your Github
- Share your Stack Overflow profile
- Find a way to show us the code and flows behind the most interesting work you have done