At Blue Jeans Network, our mission is to make video communications as easy and pervasive as audio communications, enabling more effective collaboration at work, at home and on the road. Our cloud-based conferencing service makes this possible by enabling customers to connect with each other seamlessly anytime, anywhere and from practically any device. The Blue Jeans Network extends high quality video communications beyond the traditional boundaries of specialized conference rooms and into the mainstream, allowing employees throughout an enterprise to interact more effectively with each other and with their customers, partners, suppliers, family, and friends.
Our Bangalore location has a top-notch R&D team driving end-to-end new product development for Blue Jeans. We are looking for a top notch Web Developer.
Our Developers are the “start-up engine”
The ideal Web Developer candidate would…
- Be passionate about real-time video, streaming media services and broadcasting
- Understand the complexities of building quality user experiences in the cloud
- Have experience with software startups
- Work closely with Product Management and Design teams to define feature specifications
- Create, review and influence ongoing engineering design, architecture, standards and methods working with peer developers across teams
Some of the things you’re expected to do...
- Design, application front-end features that are part of every user’s daily experience
- End-to-end implementation, including initial concept design, coding, unit testing, test automation and release to production
- Deliver a world-class quality user experience through working with systems QA engineers. Write software and build automation to prevent problem recurrence back through the QA process
- Build and iterate on simple, beautiful and intuitive user experiences using standards-compliant HTML, CSS and JS
- Respond /resolve live service problems
Some of the qualifications we usually expect...
- BE or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years’ experience building dynamic web applications.
- HTML / CSS expert with cross-browser compatibility.
- Experience with UI/UX design, usability/accessibility issues, rapid prototyping, and user feedback validation
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology and tools
- Be flexible in your work schedule to connect with our teams in Mountain View
- Good communication skills through email, specs and design docs
- You are a self-starter with desire to learn/work across a variety of roles
You Get Bonus Points for….
- Familiarity with AWS technologies eg. S3
- Contributions to open source projects
- Experience developing WebRTC applications
- Familiarity with one or more of: Python, Perl, Ruby and PHP
- Experience developing UI for embedded devices using Qt framework