About the role
BlueJeans is looking for a dynamic QA Manager responsible for setting up best in class QA practices that will be followed across multiple groups and product lines within the organization. Need to be a leader with flawless communication skills who challenges the team to solve critical problems and develop innovative solutions that impact the business positively. You’ll partner with micro engineering teams to identify test dependencies, risks, estimate work, and generally improve the last mile QA craft. You’ll be a passionate catalyst for Quality that results from customer inputs, team’s iteration and retrospectives. You’ll balance the competing demands between adding new capabilities and paying down technical debt to ensure our long term goals are not at risk as we deliver code with best quality. Everything is secondary to the customer experience, we expect you to have a keen sense of how your tests and test code will impact the experience in terms of features, performance, availability, security and usability.
As QA Manager you will be expected to ensure the BlueJeans meeting solutions meets Quality Goals of functionality, performance, stability, stress and reliability. You are an outstanding communicator, both verbally and in writing. When needed, you lean in to having difficult conversations with people to resolve a situation and do what is right for product quality. You’re really good at connecting disparate feature goals to the system functioning making “Quality as differentiator” for our products.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years of experience in a QA function
- 5+ years of experience managing a QA team
- Strong people management and organizational skills
You get bonus points for..
- Experience in testing cloud technologies, SaaS or consumer web applications
- Experience in testing real-time communication products
- Background in networking protocols like TCP/IP, WebRTC, RTP etc is a huge benefit.
- Contribute leadership and strategic direction to the Quality Engineering organization within BlueJeans.
- Design, manage and maintain all Quality Assurance practices, standards, methodologies, and metrics. Lead the design, implementation and rollout of testing frameworks, test infrastructure and tools.
- Establish and institutionalize data-driven metrics, to build effective light-weight processes that result in tangible and predictable quality of deployment.
- Drive continuous improvement through the strengthening of quality tools, skills, infrastructure and process improvements required to achieve business objectives.
- Develop resource strategies, tools and specialized support as necessary to ensure that all testing commitments are met.
- Promote cross-functional communication to influence adoption of best practices across product lines spread across geo locations.
- Lead, inspire, coach and challenge all all levels to increase the quality bar
- Build non defensive, self driven and self sustaining teams that treat quality as paramount
Why Blue Jeans is THE PLACE to be?
At BlueJeans, we’re transforming the way people meet by creating a human connection in every experience. Together, we’re bringing video to everyone, regardless of location or device, including mobile, desktop, or room systems. We work with thousands of companies worldwide to upgrade everyday meetings, large-scale events, and social network broadcasts by replacing traditional web conferencing with face-to-face video communication.