We are looking for an software development engineer for our Analytics platform who is passionate about scalable API and web services design. At BlueJeans we are changing the way the world collaborates on video, and you will be an integral part of the team that helps scale our service to meet the spiralling demand that it creates. You will design and build high performance, scalable, resilient web services that are leveraged by teams throughout BlueJeans as well as the developer community.
The ideal candidate will ..
- have experience designing and building large distributed system.
- be proficient in at-least one server side coding preferably Java/JEE
- have an in-depth understanding of database technologies (SQL and NoSQL) as well as API cache design and caching technologies.
- have experience building RESTful APIs and have good knowledge of RESTful design patterns.
- be able to communicate and work well within a geographically distributed team
We usually look for ..
- 3+ years of coding experience in server side technology
- 3+ years of hands-on coding experience in Java and related build/deployment tools
- Experience in one or more of Kafka, ZK, RabbitMQ, Redis, Couchbase, MongoDB and MySQL
- Experience with multiple hosted services such as Aurora/RDS, DynamoDB, Kinesis etc
- Experience building scalable web services with RESTful APIs
- Good knowledge of at-least one database technology
- BE/B.Tech in Computer Science or related field
You get bonus points for ..
- Experience in realtime analytics/stats product
- Knowledge of infrastructure services such as zookeeper and caching products such as couchbase
- Experience in scaling large high transaction volume web services