Turnitin is revolutionising the experience of writing to learn. Turnitin’s formative feedback and originality checking services promote critical thinking, ensure academic integrity and help students improve their writing. Turnitin provides instructors with the tools to engage students in the writing process, provide personalised feedback, and assess student progress over time. Turnitin's applications are used by more than 33 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries. Turnitin is headquartered in Oakland, California, with international offices in Newcastle, Utrecht, Seoul, Melbourne, Noida and Mexico City.
What you’ll get from us:
- A smart, fun, and casual environment where you can learn from and teach others.
- Flexibility in technology and development practices.
- A great mission -- you will be involved in building systems that help students around the world improve their writing.
- Freedom to not only work on a small team focused on making great products, but also to contribute through the entire development lifecycle to make that happen.
- Gain experience working as part of a development team, working on substantial features, carrying development through to production, working with product teams, designers and QA folk to deliver value to our customers.
What we expect from you:
- Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems.
- At least three years of solid experience with developing HTTP APIs, preferably using dynamic languages (we use Java, PHP. Golang and Perl).
- Knowledge of frontend technologies (JS / CSS)
- Solid experience understanding relational databases and writing SQL (we use PostgreSQL).
- Practical experience writing unit / integration tests and (end-to-end) API tests.
- Ability to collaborate in an agile process with a cross-functional team on both small and large scale changes.
- Familiarity with distributed source and version control systems (we use git).
- Ability to communicate with both product management and support to ensure our product is being used optimally, and to help brainstorm and implement solutions when customers run into issues.
Above and beyond:
- Working with Docker in both development and production deployment environments.
- Experience with service architecture, including service discovery, monitoring, caching, centralised logging, reliable background job processing, and failover.
- History of operationally minded behaviour, particularly with tools like Terraform, providers like Amazon Web Services, and platforms like EC2 Container Service / Kubernetes.
- Experience developing and maintaining 12 Factor Apps.
- Working with modern application performance monitoring tools like NewRelic.
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Flexible working and generous holiday entitlement
- Discount on gym memberships, tuition reimbursement and volunteering days
- Various salary sacrifice schemes, free breakfasts, fruits and snacks
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veteran’s status