Who We Are
Founded in 2013, Madison-Reed is a prestige beauty brand empowering women with the ultimate hair-color hack. Rather than settling for a suboptimal hair color "box" product or an expensive and time consuming salon visit - they provide her with a hair color experience she never thought possible: Salon-gorgeous multi-tonal hair color with shine and softness, a no-smell low chemical ingredient profile, gold standard customer service with certified licensed colorists on call, cutting-edge diagnostic color matching technology, delivered to her door/on her schedule at a revolutionary price.
In addition to their at-home hair color product, Madison Reed recently announced the expansion of its new concept: Madison Reed Color Bars, that are expanding nationally to 20 stores by 2019. These Color Bars are designed for women who either need a little more hands-on assistance before doing their hair color at home, or for women who will always want assistance. Color Bars are the "un-salon" where clients can get salon-quality hair color at a fraction of the time and expense of a traditional salon, using our same great hair color formulations.
Madison Reed at-home hair color kits and color bars combined represents a two-pronged attack on the $15Bn (US only) hair color market and a welcome innovation for millions of women who didn't think a better way was possible.
The above is what Madison Reed does, but what is more profound is their why. The company’s proposition is an expression of a deep-founded belief of its founder, Amy Errett, who believes a confident woman is a beautiful woman and that women should confidently demand more because they deserve more, not just in hair color, but in their lives. She believes this so deeply that she named the company after her daughter, Madison Reed. Consistent with "confident is the new beautiful", the company recently announced zero retouching in all advertising photography.
Madison-Reed is headquartered in San Francisco and is backed by leading investors: Norwest Partners, True Ventures, Comcast Ventures and Maveron. The company is growing 70% year-over-year and is positioned for continued growth.
Madison Reed Just Raised Another $25Million to Open Hair Color Bars Across the U.S.
With Dye Jobs For Just $45, Hair Color Startup Madison Reed Takes On $15 Billion Market (Forbes)
These Ingenious At-Home Hair-Color Brands Are Disrupting the Salon Scam (Wall Street Journal)
Beauty brands Glossier, Curology, Beautycounter, and Madison Reed make 2018 Direct Brands Worth Watching List (Cosmetics Design)
The latest product to hit your doorstep? Hair dye. (Fortune)
The Warby Parker of hair color, Madison Reed, scores new funding and a CMO(Tech Crunch)
Madison Reed Commits to Using "Raw" Photography (PR Newswire)
This beauty startup raised $25 million to defy the retail apocalypse and open stores across America (Business Insider)
Madison Reed Bridges The Brick-And-Mortar Divide (PYMNTS.com)
Who You Are
As our membership champion, you will drive our membership growth and retention - both strategy & execution, across all marketing channels & client touch-points. You have the experience and passion to develop a world class customer experience that not only improves LTV but also surprises and delights, elevating the brand concurrently. You are a subscription marketing thought leader with proven chops in subscription marketing, retention/loyalty strategy, customer life-cycle analysis, project execution, and cross-functional collaboration. In addition to having the right strategic vision, you are eager to roll up your sleeves and execute with tenacity. Based in San Francisco, you’ll manage a team of two and report to the VP of Growth. If you’re seeking work with a talented and close knit group of people to disrupt a huge industry, all while improving the lives of hundreds of thousands of women, this may be the role for you!
You will be able to
- Lead membership growth and retention strategy and execution through all marketing touch points with a client-centered channel-agnostic perspective, across both dot com and Color Bar retail marketing
- Develop a deep understanding of our client and her lifecycle journey within Madison Reed through both quantitative and qualitative analysis, and share insights across the organization
- Lead with data, influence with data, and draw clear narratives from complex data sets.
- Identify key opportunities in the client journey and test ways to increase new member acquisition, reduce churn, and improve LTV per member, culminating in a rapidly growing member base that is wildly profitable
- Leverage all MR customer touchpoints to craft a seamless journey that maximizes LTV, including website, physical box, contact center, direct mail, SMS and email
- Have your finger on the pulse of all membership KPIs and keep the entire organization up to date on the health of the membership program
- Influence and align the entire organization - C-level staff down to program managers/executors -on membership recommendations and objectives
- Bring the external world in: Cultivate network of membership, loyalty, and subscription owners from like-businesses for best practices, new ideas, and what works/doesn’t work
- Manage, mentor and inspire email/lifecycle marketing team
Skills & Requirements
- 8+ years in data-driven lifecycle or subscription marketing for elevated consumer brands, with a track record of excellence
- Subscription marketing experience required
- Strong quantitative skills, with a proven track record of analyzing and influencing customer lifecycle behaviors
- Expertise in churn management techniques and best practices
- Superior communication skills demonstrated at the executive level and cross functionally
- CPG hair, beauty, or personal care background a plus
- Well organized, meticulous about the details, and able to juggle multiple priorities
- A self-starter and proactive, positive thinker
Information for Recruiters: Madison Reed only accepts resumes directly from candidates. Madison Reed does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms, and does not pay fees to any such vendors for any unsolicited resumes