Motif is a next-gen investing company that uses breakthrough technology and data science to build innovative investment products for individuals, institutions and advisors. We are a team of thinkers, creators and builders solving some of the most interesting and complex challenges in the finance and technology space.
Our award-winning brokerage platform allows individuals to intuitively invest in portfolios of stocks built around themes, investing styles or multi-asset models. For our institutional clients, we build data-driven custom indices that can be deployed in a range of financial products including SMAs, ETFs and structured notes. Today over 350,000 customers trust Motif with their investing, and we are proud to include Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan and US Bank as clients.
Our investors include Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, and a number of tier 1 Silicon Valley venture capital firms. Board Members include former Securities Exchange Commission Chairman Arthur Levitt and former Boston Consulting Group Chairman & CEO Carl Stern.
Motif Capital is seeking a resourceful and energetic individual with experience in coordinating sales/business development activities and educating our institutional clients about Motif’s processes and capabilities. The Business Development Manager will collaborate with senior members of Motif Capital’s team to explore new business partnerships, prospective clients, and facilitate engagement with existing clients. They will also work directly with the research and institutional products team to develop and maintain written communications showcasing Motif Capital’s investment thesis, performance & attribution, and long-term theme outlooks. This role provides a unique opportunity to add value by helping to design and put in place a robust structure for generating and managing Motif Capital’s next stage of growth. As an external face of the company, you will need to have a detailed understanding of Motif and our value proposition, with the ability to clearly communicate that message to clients.
- Manage and nurture established partnerships to enable success, increase adoption of Motif products, and expand relationships with existing clients
- Evaluate and assess the strategic and economic impact of potential opportunities with new partners
- Collaborate internally with key stakeholders including research, marketing, sales, product, engineering, compliance, and more
- Contribute to shaping partnership and distribution strategy, identifying both new areas of focus or existing areas of growth.
- Maintain written communications about Motif’s financial products for external clients
- Collaborate with marketing and help implement strategy around Motif’s messaging to institutional clients
- 5+ years of experience in financial services, consulting or business analytics, with a strong preference for investment banking, asset management, or sales & trading experience
- BA/BS Degree in Statistics, Strategic Management, or Finance. Non-traditional is okay as well if you have lots of math, computer science and statistics. MBA or advanced quantitative graduate degree preferred.
- Nimble, analytical mind and strategic thinker. How do we get smarter about what we do?
- Quantitative, analytical approach to solving problems. Model builder, data analyzer.
- Eager to learn new skills and solve new problems
- Good communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Start-up experience and mentality
- Position requires investment advisor registration – Series 65/66 (or CFA)
- Experience in fintech or financial services a plus.
- Familiarity with portfolio analytics a plus