What You’ll Do
- Characterize and test mechanical, thermal, and vibrational properties of electric bikes and scooters.
- Build and operate mechanical test systems.
- Develop test cases to validate reliability of components
- Develop tools and methods to automate testing in Chinese factories
- Perform quantitative tests to determine how temperature, humidity, and mechanical stress impact system performance
- Write test scripts in high-level languages like Python, LabView or Matlab to automate test equipment and analyze data.
- Utilize data acquisition systems to collect data, then analyze and report results.
- Maintain engineering processes and documentation.
- Oversee tests methods at Chinese factories.
What You’ll Need
- Analytical curiosity and ability to solve complex problems; Great data gathering and analytical skills
- Detailed experience with reliability tests (thermal, shock, vib, ALT, EMC, etc)
- Broad general mechanical and electrical engineering knowledge
- BS in Physics, ME, EE, or a related field and 10 years of work experience
- or an advanced degree (Masters, Ph.D.) in a relevant technical field and 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Chinese language proficiency
- Bike, Scooter, or related experience
- Six Sigma and manufacturing experience
About the Team
JUMP is building the future of urban mobility: shared electric bikes that are the quickest, most enjoyable, and most empowering way to get around a city. Cheaper than most public transit and faster than cars in traffic, JUMP e-bikes radically improve local transportation. Founded in 2010, JUMP pioneered dockless bike share and has deployed more than 15,000 bikes in 6 countries. Our goal is to transform cities, making them more sustainable, equitable, and livable through electric mobility. Recently acquired by Uber, our next step is to scale what we’ve done 100x - and launch electric bike sharing systems in every major city, globally. To make this vision a reality we need to grow our team. We place tremendous value on our company’s roots and culture: a mix of ingenuity, controlled chaos, hard work, and sense of purpose. This is a great opportunity to join a small but rapidly growing team that is shaping the future of transportation.