Knotel is seeking a Head of Construction & Design to help scale our Agile HQ model by leading the Launch Operations team. Reporting directly to our Global Head of Supply, s/he will oversee the entire pre-construction and build-out process, managing projects from inception through closeout to member move-in. S/he will provide leadership, innovation, and possess the people skills necessary to foster empowerment, effective goal setting, accountability and cross-functional collaboration.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee the design,construction, and fit-out of all Knotel locations by managing a team of designers, project managers and external consultants, contractors and vendors
- Ensure that all Knotel locations are built on time,on budget and to Knotel standards
- Build systems and communication tools to collaborate with all internal partners throughout the planning and buildout process
- Develop a high performance team through supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring
- Develop and oversee our network of qualified and competitive vendors, contractors and consultants
- Serve as expert advisor to support Knotel’s Real Estate team by providing early input for scope, cost and timeline assumptions as new locations are reviewed
Who You Are
You are a demonstrated leader and people manager with the ability to motivate teammates, develop their skills, delegate, and make sound business decisions. You have deep expertise in design and construction management and are well-versed in general building requirements and code compliance. You appreciate that “done” is better than “perfect” and find entrepreneurial ways to persevere through obstacles. You operate cross-functionally, but still move fast to get things done. You believe in the vision of Knotel while striving for continuous and ongoing operational improvements to build the best headquarters for our members. You also have the following:
- 10 + years of experience leading construction and/or leading the budgeting of CAPEX projects (including the management of significant budgets)
- Construction management background in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to balance design, with operational needs and budget objectives under tight timelines resulting in exceptional work space environments
Knotel is transforming the office market with its Agile HQ™ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, and operates custom spaces for established and growing brands, so they can be free to grow their businesses at will and build what’s never been built.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 50 locations across more than 1 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $160 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, and King. Visit www.Knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.