Working alongside our London Launch team the Interior Design Strategist will serve as a thought leader and technical resource to our clients and prospective clients. S/he will help develop flexible strategies and designs that inform the ultimate delivery of the Knotel product for our clients. S/he will be the champion of Knotel's design capabilities and will manage client projects from conception through execution.
Our team embraces curiosity, integrity, hospitality and tenacious problem-solving, and the Interior Designer will contribute to this culture and further Knotel’s reputation as an essential disrupter of commercial real estate.
What You’ll Do
- Leveraging Knotel’s workplace strategy, own the interior design for fit-outs in London.
- Provide consultative direction to clients during the sales process on a number of topics, including strategic planning, schematic design, workplace strategy, change management.
- Act as internal liaison between multiple teams to ensure clients are provided customizable solutions and that needs are met on time and within budget.
- Create test fit designs, sales renderings, scopes of work and more.
- Identify and select products and vendors that meet brand standards.
- Build relationships, and provide expert consultation, with key internal and external business partners and establish themselves as a trusted partner.
- Carry Knotel’s culture of being customer-centric yet outcome driven.
- Research new, innovative ways to shape our workspaces in the future.
Who You Are
You have a bias to action and execute quickly and effectively. Engaging with business leaders across all industries comes naturally to you, and you know how to build a strong rapport, earn trust, and challenge their assumptions. You balance a passion for design with a sensitivity to practical and human-based objectives. You maintain exceptionally high standards for your work and environment, always looking for better ways of doing things. You would never say that something “isn’t your job”, and you know how to balance hustle with poise in the way you conduct yourself. You also have the following:
- A professional degree in Architecture, Interior Design or related field.
- Practical experience in high-end Hospitality, Residential, Commercial and/or Retail Interior Design.
- 1-2 years business development experience with an interior design or architecture firm
- High level of creativity, innovative thinking and problem solving.
- Excellent sketching and conceptual design skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, verbal, listening and written; including client presentation skills.
- Solid business judgment and excel at working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; superb customer service skills.
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
Knotel is transforming the office market with its Agile HQ™ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, and operates custom spaces for established and growing brands, so they can be free to grow their businesses at will and build what’s never been built.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 50 locations across more than 1 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $100 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, and King. Visit www.Knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.