The Workplace Design Strategist will serve as a thought leader and technical resource to our clients, helping them to make better decisions about how they support their people, position their businesses and manage their assets.
You will lead the design of workspace programs and inform the ultimate delivery of the Knotel product for our clients, and, in so doing, further Knotel’s reputation as an essential disrupter of commercial real estate. Our team embraces curiosity, integrity, hospitality and tenacious problem-solving, and our team of Workplace Design Strategists will not only contribute to this culture but also push us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide consultative direction to our clients on a number of topics, including strategic planning, schematic design, real estate and portfolio analysis, workplace strategy, change management
- Communicate regularly with the sales team in providing customizable solutions for clients needs
- Act as internal liaison between design and project management to ensure client needs are met on time and within budget
- Create test fit designs, sales renderings, scopes of work and more.
Who You Are
You have a bias to action and execute quickly and effectively. Engaging with business leaders across all industries comes naturally to you, and you know how to build a strong rapport, earn trust, and challenge their assumptions. You balance a passion for design with a sensitivity to practical and human-based objectives. You’re intellectually curious and eager to gain expertise in commercial workspace. You use data to understand stories behind numbers and know when to pivot on a strategy when the time is right. You also have the following:
- A professional degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- High level of creativity, innovative thinking and problem solving
- Excellent sketching and conceptual design skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, verbal, listening and written; including client presentation skills
- Collaborative and professional work ethic
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
We are hiring both junior and senior strategist to join the team. All roles will be client facing.
Feel free to apply and we will filter to the appropriate level over the course of the recruitment process.
Knotel is transforming the office market with its Agile HQ™ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, and operates custom spaces for established and growing brands, so they can be free to grow their businesses at will and build what's never been built.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 45 locations across nearly 1 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised over $95 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, Stash, and King. Visit www.Knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey.
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.