Who is Karat?
Karat is the world's leader in conducting first-round technical interviews. Our network of experienced interview engineers have conducted over 20,000 technical interviews on behalf of clients including Indeed, Pinterest, Intuit, and MuleSoft. We continuously analyze our interview data to get smarter and more predictive with every interview we conduct. As a result, our clients reclaim 60% of engineering hours per hire, accelerate achievement of their hiring goal by 25%, and offer an exceptional experience with 95% of candidates rating their experience as positive.
Our mission is to be the world’s interviewer. We conduct highly predictive interviews for our clients with rigor, humanity and fairness. Karat helps companies hire the engineers they need to create the future and helps ensure that engineers are in jobs that maximize their strengths.
Engineering at Karat
As a member of Karat's engineering team, you will get to work on an exciting mission with a superstar team that feels like family. You will be able to easily relate to the product given that we've all been through technical interviews. We work in a Ruby and Unix environment, practice continuous integration and regularly unit test. As we are a young company, you will receive close mentorship from industry veterans as you help us to shape the premium interviewing experience we are endeavoring to create. We want individuals who are hungry to take ownership of their work and who want to make a significant impact. We believe that a flexible work environment is where people are most comfortable and productive.
- You believe in our mission and crave the ownership and responsibility we will give you.
- You have strong experience in a dynamic language used for web development, such as Ruby, Python, or Go.
- You’ve worked on web apps - you know how HTTP, Rest, and web security works.
- You are at home in a Unix/Linux workflow.
- You have a distinct passion for product driven development and you love writing clean, understandable, and maintainable code
- You have a desire to learn and improve your craftsmanship, plus you will always go the extra mile to provide happiness to your customers
- Interviewing, teaching, or mentoring experience is a plus as it will help you relate to our mission and culture
Thank you for your interest in Karat!