Founded by thought leaders of Cisco’s IronPort solutions, our mission is to build new internet scale data driven security solutions that eliminate email as a channel for cyber attacks and enable businesses and consumers to interact safely.
Agari is trusted by leading Fortune 1000 companies, including 6 of the top 10 banks and 5 of the world’s leading social media networks, as well as Government Agencies, to protect their organizations, partners, customers and citizens from advanced email phishing attacks.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Agari is backed by Alloy Ventures, Battery Ventures, First Round Capital, Greylock Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, ScaleVP, and now Goldman Sachs.
We believe strongly in autonomy for our engineering team; in collaboration with the product owners and engineering colleagues, our engineers are empowered to make decisions about every aspect of our architecture and development process. We value learning through pairing on unfamiliar areas of the stack with someone knowledgable and by attending conferences and classes.
You will be responsible for day-to-day development of Agari products and services that require high availability and expected to work collaboratively with other software developers, support and other technical staff to build world-class products and services.
- Work with product owner and scrum team to scope and prioritize feature requirements and engineering backlog.
- Investigate technologies and design products and services with other top engineers.
- Create applications that fundamentally protect people on the Internet.
- Practice secure development methodologies during design, implementation and maintenance of Agari products and services
- Address vulnerability and security issues in application development maintenance according to industry best practices (i.e., OWASP Top 10, SANS CWE)
Your Keys to Success
- Experience developing distributed systems which can handle data at scale.
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework such as Django, Flask, etc
- Experience with relational databases and SQL. PostgreSQL experience is a big plus.
- Experience with web application development.
- Experience building and scaling applications and components using Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with automation tools like Terraform and Ansible
- BS or MS in Computer Science or comparable experience.
- Comfortable using Linux in a development, test, and production environment.
- Knowledge of email authentication technologies (SPF, DKIM, DMARC).
Why we're a great place to work
- Won Best Places to Work 2018
- Fast-growing cyber security start-up –Won the best Email Security Solution 2018
- Competitive benefits package -equity included!
- Hard working people with a lively office environment
- Weekly company events – lunches, social happenings, etc (We like to have fun too!)