LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
TITLE: Associate Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
REPORTS TO: QA Director
TigerText - the leading provider of HIPAA compliant messaging and workflow optimization tools for the healthcare industry - is seeking an associate Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our team in sunny Santa Monica. This individual will support QA Automation efforts and participate in the core development process to ensure the delivery of quality applications. The primarily responsibilities will be building automation testcases, supporting back-end testing, and developing tools to allow QA Engineers to implement their own functional tests.
The SDET will work cross-functionally with an integrated team of developers, product managers, and QA Engineers for test planning and execution, automation requirements, and tools creation.
What You’ll Own:
- Defining, developing, maintaining, and executing the automation of test scripts utilizing a variety of different functional frameworks to provide robust test coverage.
- Evaluate the most effective way to sustainably test server and back-end systems.
- Building tools to help QA Engineers implement their own test scripts within the automation framework.
- Striving to ensure that User Stories and/or system requirements are satisfied for internal and external application users
- Ensuring automation coverage and test execution is complete during each sprint and prior to release.
- Support our Platform QA Engineers in performing white-box testing
- Conducting test-leveling exercises to determine the best test layer to secure code quality
What You Bring to the Table:
- At least 1 year of full-time, hands-on SDET experience in an agile environment
- Proven expertise in server development and software design is required; solid working knowledge of 2 of JUnit, Java, Selenium, and Swift
- Experience with XCTest, Appium, or Cucumber
- Familiarity with build tools such as Gradle, Maven, Travis, and Jenkins
- Passion for writing code in Java, Python, or Erlang
- Experience working with external testing solutions such as SauceLabs or BrowserStack
- Knowledge of QA methodologies including functional, performance, regression, black-box, and white-box testing
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred
- Healthcare, SaaS, or Enterprise industry experience is a plus
Who We Are:
As healthcare’s largest provider of clinical communication solutions, TigerConnect helps physicians, nurses, and other staff communicate and collaborate more effectively, accelerating productivity, reducing costs, and improving patient outcomes. With over 7,000 facilities, delivering hundreds of millions of messages monthly, TigerConnect continually delivers advanced product innovations and integrates with critical hospital systems such as the EHR, nurse call, and scheduling solutions. It is recognized as a top Must-See LA Tech Office, one of the 5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch by Entrepreneur, and one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2015, 2016, and 2017. TigerConnect currently has over 120 employees with offices in Santa Monica, San Jose, and Shanghai.
Why We’re Different:
- We are the largest provider of clinical communication and collaboration solutions in the U.S.
- We're making much-needed, major changes in the healthcare industry - allowing nurses and doctors to treat more patients, more quickly
- Prime office space in the major tech ecosystems of California - Silicon Beach and Silicon Valley - each complete with a loaded fridge and tons of other perks (think rock climbing wall, food trucks, yoga, happy hours & more)
- An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs (www.tigerconnect.com/about)
- A fun environment that embraces a “work hard-play hard” culture
- We have team members that love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help clients, support the company's rapid growth, and ultimately optimize healthcare workflows
- This is a full time opportunity with a competitive salary, medical benefits, and 401K matching plan
TigerConnect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to TigerConnect without first entering into a written contract with TigerConnect will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.