LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
TITLE: DevOps Security Engineer
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations and Security
TigerConnect is looking for a DevOps Security Engineer that is passionate about security and wants to have a meaningful impact within the Healthcare space. If you want to help the industry leader in clinical communication and collaboration to push boundaries in terms of security & join a team of talented Engineers, read on!
What You'll Own:
- Contribute to the design and integration of cyber security toolsets to enable more automated discovery, remediation, and alerting of system vulnerabilities.
- Architect and integrate security tools into the CI/CD pipeline.
- Maintain compliance and certifications.
- Help select and manage relationship with security vendors and partners
- Analyze and respond to production security notifications in a timely manner.
- Foster DevSecOps culture and advocate for a security-first mindset amongst Security, QA, Development, and Operations teams.
- Deploying web and service-based applications in multiple instances of our PaaS.
- Continually research, evaluate, and apply emerging technologies to improve security and the products.
- Provide technical oversight to the development process including reviewing the technical design and the deployment architecture.
- Provide training to engineering and sales teams about security.
- Willingness to take ownership of security issues in a 24/7 environment.
- Help troubleshoot production issues and participate in on call rotation.
What You've Accomplished:
- Proven track record of creating secure cloud architectures for Internet-facing applications.
- Expertise implementing and maintaining compliance (HIPAA, HI-TRUST, FEDRAMP)
- Experience with build-time dependency management, unit testing and code-coverage tools, test automation techniques and tools required.
- Experience and understanding of microservices architecture, design patterns, and standard methodologies.
- Experience in DevOps culture and the ability to teach and profess is highly desired.
- Ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences at both the executive and working level.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Linux and configuration management tools (Chef and Ansible)
- AWS, security certification is a plus
- Security policy development, implementation and enforcement.
- Integrating security into a CI/CD pipeline
- SSL certificate and key management policies
- Scripting in either Python, Ruby, or Bash.
Who We Are:
As healthcare’s largest provider of clinical communication solutions, TigerConnect helps physicians, nurses, and other staff communicate and collaborate more effectively, accelerating productivity, reducing costs, and improving patient outcomes. With over 7,000 facilities, delivering hundreds of millions of messages monthly, TigerConnect continually delivers advanced product innovations and integrates with critical hospital systems such as the EHR, nurse call, and scheduling solutions. It is recognized as a top Must-See LA Tech Office, one of the 5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch by Entrepreneur, and one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2015, 2016, and 2017. TigerConnect currently has over 120 employees with offices in Santa Monica, San Jose, and Shanghai.
Why We’re Different:
- We are the largest provider of clinical communication and collaboration solutions in the U.S.
- We're making much-needed, major changes in the healthcare industry - allowing nurses and doctors to treat more patients, more quickly
- Prime office space in the major tech ecosystems of California - Silicon Beach and Silicon Valley - each complete with a loaded fridge and tons of other perks (think rock climbing wall, food trucks, yoga, happy hours & more)
- An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs (www.tigerconnect.com/about)
- A fun environment that embraces a “work hard-play hard” culture
- We have team members that love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help clients, support the company's rapid growth, and ultimately optimize healthcare workflows
- This is a full time opportunity with a competitive salary, medical benefits, and 401K matching plan
TigerConnect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to TigerConnect without first entering into a written contract with TigerConnect will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.