About Health Catalyst
Health Catalyst was named as one of the 30 Best Workplaces in Technology by Fortune Magazine and the 11th best place to work by Glassdoor. Health Catalyst earned the highest overall score in Healthcare BI by KLAS and was named to the World’s Best 100 cloud companies by Forbes. Health Catalyst analyzes healthcare records of almost a third of the US population (65 million patients) and recently released the first open source software for healthcare machine learning: healthcare.ai.
Health Catalyst’s platform and applications are being used at leading health systems including, John Muir Health, Kaiser Permanente, MultiCare Health System, Partners HealthCare, Providence Health & Services, Stanford Hospital & Clinics, Texas Children’s Hospital, and over 40 others. Health Catalyst products and services are utilized in over 400 hospitals and 4000 clinics, supporting over 90 million patients.
Our team lives the cultural attributes of Smart, Hardworking, and Humble. Learn more about working at Health Catalyst here: https://www.healthcatalyst.com/company/careers/key-health-catalyst-values.
The Analytic Engineer (AE) Intern role combines, analytic skills and a desire to learn the processes and data that support the business of healthcare. The primary accountability of the Intern is to support Analytic Engineers in the exploration of measurable opportunities for our clients to act upon that will drive down cost, improve quality, and improve patient experience.
Additional accountabilities include:
- Supporting analytic continuity at Health Catalyst clients through all phases of deployment.
- Familiarity and support of Catalyst methodologies.
- Managing client expectations and timelines for deliverables.
- Supporting the Analytic teams in key areas, including deployment, communication, and client training.
- Supporting the presentation of analytic insights to client clinical/operational/financial stakeholders.
- Interfacing with a variety of Health Catalyst (HC) roles (such as senior directors, product line managers, clinical staff, etc.) on an as needed basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leverage HC software and technologies to perform varied analyses in support of client outcomes improvement initiatives across clinical, operational and financial domains.
- Design data models and visualizations that meet project requirements and comply with HC design standards.
- Ensure assigned projects are executed efficiently and according to project requirements and timelines.
- Perform data validation tests to ensure quality of measurement.
- All other duties as assigned
- Basic skills in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Understanding of Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes.
- Ability to deliver analytics to technical, non-technical, and key stakeholders.
- Experience developing visualizations that consume data models for non-technical users
- Effective written and verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to Interact with and communicate with all levels of employees and clients
- Comfortable working under general direction
- Health care experience, particularly working with data
- Exposure to statistical modeling
- Working knowledge of database principles, processes, technologies and tools
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Visualization experience using a variety of BI tools (Qlikview, Tableau, Cognos, Crystal Reports)
- Knowledge of development methodologies including AGILE development
Education & Relevant Experience
- Pursuing a BS/BA or Masters in information technology, math, statistics or business-related field or equivalent relevant work experience
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.