MobileIron is on the cutting edge of the mobile revolution. Think about how important your phone is – mobile devices are becoming increasingly critical for employees to be productive at work. This has left companies struggling to keep those devices secure while enabling access to company information and preserving employee privacy and positive user experience. More and more companies are now turning to Enterprise Mobility Management software to assist them with that priority. Thousands of organizations have selected MobileIron as the platform for their mobile strategies. In fact, MobileIron is the leading standalone EMM vendor in the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant and has been recognized as a Leader for 7 consecutive years.
Would you like your expertise to empower millions of employees across thousands of enterprises to be productive while keeping the enterprise data secure? We rock at what we do which is why we have 15,000+ global customers. After our first successful decade, we are looking for people that can help us build the next chapters of our story. Chapter two rapidly expands our "Cloud First" footprint.
The Cloud Architect position is a senior technical leadership role in the MobileIron engineering team. The successful candidate will be working independently or leading small teams responsible for application design, development, testing, and problem resolution. The work is done with significant autonomy and independence. The scope of work includes small system enhancements to major system applications.
Applications may include custom developed software, commercial packaged software, or open-source software. Software may consist of on premise applications, cloud-based software and services, hybrid configurations, integration tools, or business workflow tools.
- Be hands-on with deep expertise in server development in Java
- Experience with the Spring Framework - using Spring especially Spring security, framework, Cloud and Data
- Have the ability to design systems from ground up providing detailed technical analysis or the pros and cons of each approach
- Have experience in building Web scale Cloud systems/platforms
- Experience with SQL databases (query cost optimization, procedures, triggers, etc.)
- Deeply familiarity with the Unix/Linux operating systems
- Capability of contribute to designing, coding, and developing new platform/micro-services that will form the foundation of new mobility features for both our Cloud and on-prem solutions.
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced, agile development environment with small, focused teams delivering product regularly.
- Be a solid team player. Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Leads teams focused on quality and continuous improvement initiatives across business units within the company.
- Champion a culture of innovation, in an environment that requires high levels of scalability, security and reliability
- Hands on knowledge of AWS services, docker and k8s
- Experience of operating in a Continuous delivery environment
Your Past Experience & Future Success…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- 10+ years of experience with one of the modern programming languages such as Go, Python or Java
- Experience developing RESTful cloud services
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Experience debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and analysis
- Strong self-initiative, communication skills, and adaptability to new technology
- Track record of crafting well-designed solutions and delivering high-quality software on time
- Hands-on development of highly distributed, cloud-based micro-service environments, particularly Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Other desired skills ...
- Familiarity with AWS - EC2, S3, ELB, API gateway, Cloud formation is a strong plus
- Experience with NoSQL technology
- Proven experience of delivery of at least one Web scale server development project.
- Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms and practical uses
- Knowledge of Git, Jenkins, and CI/CD
- Exposure to containerization technologies such as Docker and build and test tools like maven, TestNG, Clover
- Experience in Unix/Linux environment (CentOS, Ubuntu, and Amazon AMI)
* We are an EEO/AA Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disability encouraged to apply.