MobileIron is the secure foundation of modern work. Think of the way you work today and how important the safety of your data has become. With today’s distributed workforce, for us to stay productive, it’s imperative that we can access our devices and data safely, anytime, anywhere. MobileIron provides that peace of mind to organizations and their employees – an always-on secure and convenient access, no matter what device you use or where you are. Chosen by over 17,000 global enterprises, MobileIron is the leading standalone Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) and Unified Endpoint Management provider (UEM).
Following a 7-year leadership position in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for EMM, in 2018, MobileIron was also recognized as a leader in Gartner’s inaugural Magic Quadrant for UEM.
Are you excited about winning in cloud, security, and mobility? We are looking for passionate people to help us build the next chapter of MobileIron. Join us as we rapidly innovate to meet the needs of our growing customer base.
Our Server Engineering team is looking for a highly competent, hands-on, deeply technical and passionate Staff engineer. This team is responsible for development of both our Cloud and on-prem EMM offering using cutting edge technologies like AWS services (EC2, S3, ELB, EKS etc.), NoSQL stores, Docker, Kubernetes etc. The successful candidate will be working closely with Development and Quality engineers, product leadership and with peers based out of our Bangalore and Hyderabad facilities.
What you’ll be doing…
- Contribute to designing, coding, and developing new platform/microservices that will form the foundation of new mobility features for both our Cloud and on-Prem solutions
- Work in a fast-paced, agile development environment with small, focused teams delivering product regularly
- Collaborate with other Developers, Quality Engineers, Product and Program Management and senior technical staff to develop innovative and customer impacting solutions
- Provide solid technical input to new feature functional requirements and technical requirements and partner with the business owners, architects to design and implement a solution
Who you are...
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Be a solid team player. Self-starter and ability to pick up new technologies rapidly
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile development environment with small, focused teams delivering product regularly.
- Ability to collaborate and work with offshore teams
What you've done...
- 10+ years of experience in highly performing and large scale server development
- Be hands-on with deep expertise in server development in Java - contributing towards both functional (features, capabilities etc.) and non-functional (scale, performance, distributed systems etc.) areas
- Experience with SQL databases (procedures, triggers, etc.)
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of Git, Jenkins, and CI/CD required
- Ability to support applications and systems in a production environment; reviewing requirements and translating them into a documented technical design
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
Nice to have:
- Experience with Security (SSO, SAML, Security Certificates, Identity) is a plus
- Experience working with No SQL Technology - Redis, RDS Postgres, Cassandra, Kafka, Solr, Elastic, LDAP, Azure AD is desirable
- Familiarity with AWS, EC2, EKS, Kubernetes, Docker, S3, ELB, API gateway, Cloud formation is a plus
- Familiarity with Microservices architecture is a plus
- Experience with Spring Framework especially Spring security, framework, Cloud and Data
- Proven experience of delivery of at least one Web scale server development project.
- Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms and practical uses
- Exposure to containerization technologies such as Docker and build and test tools like maven, TestNG, Clover
* We are an EEO/AA Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disability encouraged to apply.