MobileIron is the secure foundation of modern work. Think of the way you work today and how important the safety of your data has become. With today’s distributed workforce, for us to stay productive, it’s imperative that we can access our devices and data safely, anytime, anywhere. MobileIron provides that peace of mind to organizations and their employees – an always-on secure and convenient access, no matter what device you use or where you are. Chosen by over 17,000 global enterprises, MobileIron is the leading standalone Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) and Unified Endpoint Management provider (UEM).
Following a 7-year leadership position in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for EMM, in 2018, MobileIron was also recognized as a leader in Gartner’s inaugural Magic Quadrant for UEM.
Are you excited about winning in cloud, security, and mobility? We are looking for passionate people to help us build the next chapter of MobileIron. Join us as we rapidly innovate to meet the needs of our growing customer base.
MobileIron is looking for an experienced Technical Support Engineer to help our Ecosystem Partners and customers successfully use our cutting-edge AppConnect technology. The role is with our Developer Success team, part of our Customer Success organization. Developer Support is offered to both third-party app developers and MobileIron customers with in-house app developers.
This is a partner and customer-facing technical role, requiring strong organizational, time management, and communication skills. In this role, you will be expected to:
- Help developers troubleshoot and resolve mobile app development issues and problems related to MobileIron’s AppConnect technology.
- Work closely with MobileIron Technical Support to resolve customer escalations related to app development.
- Contribute to the Developer Success Knowledge Base, authoring, reviewing, and organizing content.
- Provide product feedback to MobileIron Engineering and Product Management teams.
- Share your domain expertise via external online training (webinars, etc.).
- Assist MobileIron pre-sales engineers with app development issues, escalations and requests.
- Hands-On: You should be technically sharp, love rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty while working with partners and customers.
- Team Player: You must be comfortable working with multiple MobileIron groups, as well as partners and customers.
- Resourceful: You must be capable of working both independently and within a team environment, with the ability to quickly solve problems.
- Can-do attitude: We don’t use the word “can’t”.
- Problem Solver: You must be able to deal with a variety of developer and customer issues, requests, and challenges, look win-win resolutions.
- Evangelist: You must be able to evangelize and sell the value of the MobileIron AppConnect program, and handle “first meetings” with partners to drive adoption and active participation.
- Self-Starter: You must be a motivated self-starter with a short learning curve and desire to learn new things.
- Nimble: You must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding, dynamic environment, where changes are constant and expected.
- Fast Learner: You must be able to quickly learn new technical features.
- Organized: You must have excellent organization, attention to detail, and individual project management skills.
- Strong Communicator: You must have strong communication skills (written and verbal), along with the ability to communicate with developers, customers, and other MobileIron team members.
- BS/CS or equivalent required
- Experience with Android app development preferred
- Knowledge of Android system-level architecture and API calls
- Experience with hybrid web app platforms (Xamarin, PhoneGap, etc.)
- Developer Relations experience, including partner or customer-facing experience a major plus
- Ability to troubleshoot Android apps
- Working knowledge of Java
* We are an EEO/AA Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disability encouraged to apply.