MobileIron is the secure foundation of modern work. Think of the way you work today and how important the safety of your data has become. With today’s distributed workforce, for us to stay productive, it’s imperative that we can access our devices and data safely, anytime, anywhere. MobileIron provides that peace of mind to organizations and their employees – an always-on secure and convenient access, no matter what device you use or where you are. Chosen by over 17,000 global enterprises, MobileIron is the leading standalone Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) and Unified Endpoint Management provider (UEM).
Following a 7-year leadership position in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for EMM, in 2018, MobileIron was also recognized as a leader in Gartner’s inaugural Magic Quadrant for UEM.
Are you excited about winning in cloud, security, and mobility? We are looking for passionate people to help us build the next chapter of MobileIron. Join us as we rapidly innovate to meet the needs of our growing customer base.
This is a mission critical role that will help bolster scalability and Performance of our product stack. We are looking for a star Automation/Performance test framework developer who has written test tools and test clients for enterprise applications and is capable of leading and owning a significant portion of the Performance framework while working in an Agile realm. The ideal candidate will have passion for performance and will drive performance improvements in response time, capacity and scalability across all the new initiatives. Evangelize and support the performance work across all the delivery teams. This position is located in Mountain View, CA HQ.
What you’ll be doing…
- Participate and review the requirements and development design for performance framework, develop and implement next generation framework per design.
- Develop custom Performance Test Client that will be the key to Scalability tests across product stacks
- Understand changes to the architectural landscape and their Performance implications on existing systems
- Design performance tests from real-world usage scenarios. Conversely, relate performance findings back to real-world activity.
- Work closely with other domain and enterprise architects, to design solutions for performance and scalability. Make sure that the changes in other domains are not impacting the performance.
- Ensure timely proactive identification of performance issues, escalating issues as warranted
- Participate in the full SDLC, including meetings, estimations, planning and design sessions
Who you are...
- Able to effectively communicate and engage audiences across teams and roles
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment
- Possess a strong drive to Automate test cases for unmanned execution, analysis, and reporting.
What you’ve done…
- 8+ years of hands-on (and recent) Java / J2EE and database programming experience with a solid understanding of object-oriented design and testing patterns
- Experience writing/developing custom tools and frameworks using Java
- Must have experience in tuning J2EE Complaint Application servers like Tomcat on Linux environment
- Proficient Understanding of JVM, Garbage Collection policies, Heap & Thread dump analysis required
- Experience with one or more database technologies like Postgres, MySQL is also required
- Experience with deep dive performance analysis on all layers of application stack and identification of the root cause of the performance issue
- Highly desirable if your prior experience includes Performance testing on iOS /Android platforms or includes Performance test experience in cloud based environment like Azure, AWS etc
- Experience in producing and presenting results and reports
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering required
* We are an EEO/AA Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disability encouraged to apply.